Chapter 35: Firewhiskey Is Not Tasty

"Are you guys going somewhere?"

Annie and Chase were sitting on a sofa in their Common Room, staring at the two of them curiously.

"No, we just decided to wear coats in here for fun," Draco rolled his eyes. "Of course we're going somewhere."

"We're headed to Hogsmeade," Katherine informed her best friend with a smile.

"Hogsmeade?" She asked back, her eyes widening. "Wow, I'm sure it looks so beautiful already. We should go too," Annie turned to the Gryffindor excitedly.

"You should not," Draco gave the couple a threatening look.

"But... We could go together, it would be fun," the redhead pouted.

"I disagree," he narrowed his eyes. "You are not invited. Katherine and I are going alone, and that's final."

"And what if we want to go too?" Chase raised an eyebrow at the Slytherin questioningly.

"I honestly don't care as long as you stay away from us. If I see your face outside of Hogwarts, I'll –"

"What? What are you going to do, Malfoy?"

"Draco," Katherine glanced up at him with a pleading look. "Can we just go, please?"

The blonde looked down into her eyes, then he let out a sigh.

"Yes, let's go," he nodded, grabbing her hand in his gently.

"Bye guys," the Hufflepuff waved, then the two of them left the Common Room.

***

By the time they arrived, Hogsmeade was already covered in snow, most shops awaiting their customers with festive decorations.

"So..." Katherine glanced around the street with excitement in her eyes. "Where should we go?"

"Let's see..." Draco rubbed his chin, then his eyes landed on a specific place. "Well, I suppose this would be a great opportunity for you to try Firewhiskey, don't you think?" He asked, looking down at her with a smile.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try..." She shrugged.

"That's the spirit!" The Slytherin grinned, then they started making their way towards the Three Broomsticks.

When they walked inside the pub, they were greeted with the cosy atmosphere of the place, which to their surprise, wasn't as crowded as it usually was.

"Can you find us a table?" Draco asked the Hufflepuff. "I'll go get us drinks."

"Sure," the girl nodded, then she wandered off towards the back, while he went to order.

She sat down at a little table, glancing out the window while waiting for him to arrive with the drinks.

Katherine noticed the boy appearing in the corner of her eye, but she continued staring at the falling snow as he took a seat.

"I can't get over how gorgeous it is," the Hufflepuff mumbled.

"Do you really like snow that much?" Draco asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

"I do," she nodded. "It looks so pure and pretty when it's untouched, but then when it is, it can bring so much joy into people's lives. It just makes my heart warm whenever I see someone playing in the snow, or building a snowman. It's nice to see others having a great time and forgetting about their worries, even if just for a little while."

"It doesn't look so pretty when it melts and becomes a slippery mess. Or when it's all piled up in front of your house and you're the one that has to get rid of it."