Chapter 19: Afternoon Arguments

Arriving back at their Common Room after a long day of classes, Katherine was met with two boys arguing and a tired-looking girl sitting in one of the armchairs, holding her head.

"Get back down to Earth, Bennett. You won't win."

"Of course we will! How could we not when we have Potter on our team? It's going to be an easy win."

Katherine furrowed her eyebrows at the scene, her brain still a little slow from the school work.

"There's going to be another Quidditch match this Friday," Pansy explained to her confused friend. "If you haven't figured it out yet, it's Slytherin versus Gryffindor."

"Gryffindor versus Slytherin," Chase corrected her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And these two have been going off about it ever since they came back," she continued, not commenting on the boy's words. "Which is rather annoying, and my head is going to explode soon if they don't stop."

"Then go to your room," the Gryffindor suggested.

"I will do what I want to do, thank you very much," Pansy sneered at him.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, turning back to his blonde rival. "We're still going to win."

"Dream big, lion boy. Just don't be too disappointed when we beat you."

"The only person here that's going to be disappointed is you when Potter's gonna catch the snitch before you could even notice it."

"Yeah, because he's known for his amazing eyesight."

"Like that would stop him! He's done it before, and he's going to do it again this Friday."

"Not if it's up to me, and fortunately, it is."

"Just wait, Malfoy. You'll see."

"Exactly. Unlike Potter, I will see."

"He will too," Katherine joined in, gaining their attention. "I mean, that's what his glasses are for. I'm sure he's going to wear them for the match."

Draco narrowed his eyes at her.

"Whose side are you on, Kat?"

"I was just saying," she shrugged. "He's a pretty good Seeker, he has proven that in the past."

"Thanks for the support, I appreciate it," he rolled his eyes.

"But Harry being a great Seeker doesn't mean that you aren't one too," she added.

"First you say that he's good, but now he's great? Wow... And since when are you on a first-name basis with him, huh?"

"Draco, don't be ridiculous," Pansy shook her head at him.

"I'm not, I was just asking."

"You definitely are," Chase joined in.

"And who asked you, Potter clone?"

"Potter clone?" He let out a laugh. "Just because I have black hair and green eyes doesn't mean that I look like him."

"Well..." Pansy grabbed her chin, analysing Chase's appearance. "You kind of do, actually. Also, you're a Gryffindor and you play Quidditch..."

Katherine's mouth fell open at their words.

"And you have a ginger girlfriend too!" She added.

Draco let out a loud laugh, while Chase put on a defensive posture.

"I'm not like Potter..."

"Do you have a ginger sidekick hiding somewhere as well?" Draco grinned.

"Shut up, Malfoy."

The door opened, revealing Annie and Tony. They barely made it inside, they were instantly attacked with questions.

"Babe," Chase walked up to Annie. "Do you think I look like Potter?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but the other's say I do..."

The Hufflepuff took a quick glance around the room, not understanding what was going on, then she looked back at her future husband.

"Just because you have black hair and green eyes doesn't mean you look like him."

Chase broke out in a grin, then turned back to look at the Slytherins.

"See? I told you."

"You are definitely more handsome than Harry," Annie added.

"Exactly! Thank you!"

"Careful, Tony," Draco smirked. "You should take a few steps away from there, you don't want to get hit by Bennett's big head."

"What can I say?" The Gryffindor smiled proudly. "It's not a secret that I'm attractive."

"Neither is the fact that you're egotistical and conceited."

"Says the most snobbish person on the planet."

"Hey, don't insult me, it's not my fault that you're so narcissistic."

"Yeah, but it's your fault that you're so self-centred."

"You guys are basically throwing synonyms at each other," Katherine stated quietly.

"Don't even try," Pansy whispered to her. "It's useless."

"Are they going to stop anytime soon?"

"Not until Friday. Maybe not even after that. Who knows?"

Kat let out a sigh as the two boys continued arguing. She seriously hoped that they would stop it eventually.

A/N:

I found the painting at the top on imgur, and it was made by roxypotter13, I think it's really pretty and matches the chapter well.
Here's the link: https://imgur.com/t/harry_potter/VTzQzrs

Hope you like this chapter (even though it's quite short).
Have a nice day, and thanks for reading!