Chapter 36: The Malfoy Manor

Standing in front of the Malfoy Manor, Katherine felt like her soul was slowly leaving her body.

Seeing the nervous expression on her face, Draco intertwined their fingers together and gave her hand a squeeze.

"It's okay, Kat. I'm here, don't worry. I'm right here by your side, you have nothing to be scared of."

"Okay," she nodded, releasing a shaky breath.

"You don't sound so confident," the Slytherin raised an eyebrow at her.

"That might be because I'm not."

"Come on, what's the worst that could happen?"

Katherine snapped her head towards him, staring at the boy with wide eyes.

"Why did you have to ask that? I'm even more anxious now."

"Calm down, then. You already came this far, you can do it. It will be over before you even notice, trust me."

"Please don't leave me alone," she looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to feel kind of offended now," he narrowed his eyebrows. "I know they don't have the best reputation, but it's not like they're going to kill you or anything."

Katherine glanced down at the ground with a pout.

"I'm sorry..."

Draco let out a sigh at the sight of her.

"It's okay. Let's just go inside, yeah? You'll be alright."

The Hufflepuff nodded, then the two of them began walking towards the entrance.

When they reached the front doors, they opened automatically without anyone actually being there.

"Mom! Dad!" Draco shouted. "We're here!"

The girl quickly adjusted her hair and her clothes while they were waiting for them.

"Draco!" His mother was the first to step foot inside the room to greet them, his father following her a second after.

The woman strolled up to them, engulfing Draco in a hug.

"Hello, mother," the blonde greeted her, then pulled away and put a hand behind the girl's back. "This is Katherine. Katherine, this is my mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Malfoy," she bowed her head slightly, not exactly sure about what to do.

"Likewise, but you can just call me Narcissa, dear," she offered her a gentle smile.

In the meantime, the man walked over to them as well.

"Father, this is Katherine," he repeated. "Katherine, this is –"

"Lucius Malfoy," he introduced himself with a blank expression.

Katherine gulped, feeling intimidated by the man.

"Nice to meet you, Sir," she nodded.

"Well," Narcissa clapped her hands together. "Why don't you two take your coats off so we can have dinner?"

"Sure," Draco nodded.

His parents walked off, leaving them alone in the room.

"You're doing great," the Slytherin whispered.

"All I did was introduce myself, though," she furrowed her eyebrows while taking her coat off.

"Still," he said, taking her coat and hanging it up for her. "Come on, let's go to the dining room."