Chapter 37: Merry and Bright

When the doorbell rang, Katherine immediately jumped up from the sofa and rushed to greet their guest.

After she flung the door open, her eyes fell on none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Thanks, but it's not actually Christmas yet."

"For us, it's Christmas through the entire break, but okay. You actually found us, though!" She grinned, stepping aside and gesturing for him to come inside.

"You gave me the address, Katherine. It wasn't that hard."

"It could have been, not all people are good at directions and stuff, you know."

"Do you mean yourself?" He glanced down at her with a smirk.

"That's a possibility," she looked away. "Give me your coat."

"Wow," the Slytherin put a hand on his chest. "I just got here and you already want me to take my clothes off? At least show me around first."

"Very funny," the girl rolled her eyes at him with a smile. "Now give me your coat, please."

"Fine," he gave in, doing as she asked.

"Thank you," she nodded, then put his coat away. "Shoes go there," she pointed towards a rack. "I put those slippers out for you."

The blonde turned his attention to the floor, where he noticed a pair of green slippers.

"How thoughtful," he smiled.

She grinned as she saw him slip them on his feet.

"Alright, are you ready?"

"I think so," he nodded.

"Okay. Let me warn you, though."

"About what?" Draco's eyes widened.

"I know I told you that my parents are very nice and stuff... They might just be a little bit too welcoming, so please don't freak out."

"Uh... I'll try?"

"I guess I'll take that," Katherine nodded. "Let's get going, then. The living room is this way."

The Slytherin followed her as she opened a wooden door, revealing a cosy looking living room.

"There he is!" He heard a male voice.

The girl's parents stood up from the sofa, walking over to the boy to greet him.

"It's an honour to meet you, Mr and Mrs Bright. I'm Draco Malfoy," he introduced himself politely.

"Yes, yes, pleasure and greetings and all that," her father nodded with a smile. "I'm Cyrus Bright, please call me Cyrus. I feel old enough anyway, I don't need to be called Sir or Mister or anything along those lines, okay?"

"Got it," Draco nodded. "Although I must say, you don't look old."

"I like this kid," he turned to look at Katherine, who just shook her head at him.

"It's nice to finally meet you too, Draco," her mother gave him a warm smile. "My name is Joanna Bright, feel free to call me Joanna."

He nodded again, starting to feel a bit more relaxed.

"I can see where Katherine got her beauty from, now," he complimented her mom.

"Oh, wow," Cyrus widened his eyes. "He's really trying, that's good," he said, showing his daughter a thumbs up.

The Hufflepuff facepalmed herself as she watched the scene unfold in front of her.

"Don't worry, we're going to get even friendlier in a minute," her father spoke up again. "But before that happens, I have something I need to say to you."