Chapter 34: First Snow

"Oh, Merlin!" Katherine squealed excitedly. "Draco, look!"

The Slytherin rubbed his eyes tiredly, sitting up in the bed.

"What? What is it?"

"It's snowing!"

The girl was standing in front of the window, gazing out at the beautiful view with sparkling eyes.

"It looks amazing!"

Draco got up, then he walked over to the Hufflepuff and took a look outside.

"I mean... It's just snow," he shrugged. "But I'm glad that it makes you happy."

"Wait," Katherine turned to him with a smile. "That's actually really sweet."

He crossed his arms on his chest, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

"And why are you so surprised by that? I can be sweet if I want to."

"Oh, no, I was just saying. I like this side of you," she admitted.

"Just this one side?" Draco asked teasingly.

"Well... Maybe a few other ones as well," she smiled.

"But you're not sure?"

"Ah," she tilted her head backwards frustratedly. "It's too early for this."

"You're the one who woke me up," Draco shot back. "Now you have to deal with the consequences."

"Or... I can go lock myself in the bathroom and avoid them."

"Okay, coward. Just don't break your ankle on the way, I'm too tired to carry you all the way to the Hospital Wing."

Katherine grabbed a pillow from the sofa and threw it at the Slytherin.

"You're never going to let that go, are you?"

"No way," he grinned at her.

She gave him an angry expression, then sighed.

"Jokes aside, I'm going to take a shower."

"Is this an invitation?" Draco smirked.

Katherine's cheeks turned red at his question.

"No, it's not, so you better stay far away!" She said warningly, backing away towards the bathroom door.

"Okay, then," he put his arms up in surrender. "Maybe another time."

She shook her head with a light smile, then disappeared behind the bathroom door.

Draco walked back to the window to take another look at the falling snow.

It is kind of beautiful.

After Katherine was done in the bathroom, Draco went in there as well to get ready for the day.

She walked to the sofa, leaning down to take the lilac creation out of her basket, then sat down to continue working on it.

She was so focused on her craft, she didn't even notice when Draco came back out of the bathroom.

"Oh, are you still working on this?" He asked, taking a seat next to her.

"Yeah, but it's almost finished, so it will be ready for Christmas," she smiled warmly.

"That's good."

The Hufflepuff's eyebrows furrowed as a thought popped into her mind.

"About that... Do you plan on going home for the break?"

He leaned back in his seat, looking into her eyes.

"Of course," he nodded. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "I was just asking."

After a few seconds of silence, Katherine let out a nervous sigh.

"What?" Draco asked, furrowing his eyebrows at her.

"Well... I was thinking..."

"Oh, no! Anything but that!" Draco said jokingly.

"Come on, I'm trying to tell you something here!"

"Sorry, sorry," he chuckled lightly. "Go on, I'm all ears."

"Okay, so... I was thinking that since the Holidays are coming up... Maybe... If you still want me to meet your parents, then –"

"Are you serious?" Draco cut her off, his eyes widening.

"I haven't even finished yet," she giggled.

"You don't have to finish! Are you actually serious? You'd be willing to meet them?"

"Uh... Yes?"

"Thank you, Katherine," he said, taking one of her hands in his.

"Oh, it's... It's okay, I mean I will have to meet them sooner or later like you said, so..."

"Still, thank you."

She smiled, feeling her cheeks heating up a little.

"Well... If we're talking about this anyway... Would you like to visit my parents during the break too?"

"Are they anything like you?" He grinned.

"I guess? They're really nice."

"I'm sure they are. I would love to meet them, obviously."

"That's great," Kat smiled.

"I will have to throw myself off some stairs first, though."

She groaned, hitting his arm lightly.

"Can you stop?"

"Ah, I don't know. Teasing you is quite entertaining, to be honest."

"Is there anything I can do to make you stop doing it, then?"

Draco started stroking his chin, deep in thought.

"Well... There is this one thing you could do..."

"Which is?"

"You could go out to Hogsmeade with me since it's Saturday."

"Oh, that's it?" She asked, feeling relieved.

"I can try to think of something else if you want."

"No, no!" She protested. "We should go, I'm sure it looks lovely already!"

"Alright," he nodded, standing up from the sofa. "Let's get ready, then."

Katherine nodded with a grin, then after the two of them got ready, they left the room.

A/N:

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter! I know it's not the best, but I hope it wasn't too boring.

I made some notes about the things that I still want to write about in this story, and according to those, I should post at least 8 more chapters, but we'll see when I actually get to writing them.

Thank you so much for sticking with this story, your support really means so much to me!

On the other hand, I already started working on the story about their kids (even though this story isn't even finished yet, but I just work like that for some reason), and I have to say, I already like it more than this one, so I hope you guys will like it too if you decide to read it.

If you are interested in that story, then I suggest you leave this story in your Library after it's finished, or just follow me. I only want to post that one after I finish it, though, because we all know that I suck at updating, so yeah.

I hope you all have an amazing day and I'll see you in the next one!