Chapter 56: I'm royalty?? (PART ONE)

Pattie and I had a long talk about keeping Zachary and Jaymee. She said I could, she had no problem with it. Pattie always understood and since she doesn’t work, she said she’d help me raise them on tour and once I had to go back to school. She’d watch em when until I got home. She said she’d talk to my parents too. Zach will start preschool. I asked Pattie how we’d be able to get him enrolled in a Canadian school when he’s from Alaska and she said we’d figure it out once the time came. Once I hung up I walked over to the living room where everyone was just relaxing and playing with the kids. I looked at the clock and it read 4:30 pm. Dang it’s 8:30 there! We’ve been talking on the phone for three hours. Well Pattie is easy to talk to and gives amazing advice. I walked over and sat on the couch and Zach stood up and walked over to me. He was playing with his cars. He stood in front looking at me. I smiled and then he cracked a side smile.

Zach: Mom? Can I sit with you?

He called me mom. Don’t cry. Don’t cry! DON’T cry! DON’T CRY!

Me: Sure.

I picked him up and sat him on my lap. He curled into a ball and I leaned back and curled myself over him. He laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled. Justin grabbed the now sleeping Jaymee and took her upstairs. Chaz grabbed the Wii remote and decided to have a watch Paranormal Activity 2.

Zach: Mom. I don’t wana watch this.

He said looking up at me with scared puppy dog eyes. As much as I wanted to watch P.A 2, I needed to mom up and be there for Zachary.

Me: Me either.

I scooted forward and I stood up and held him in my arms. He wrapped his arms around my neck, wrapped his legs around my waist, and buried his face in my neck. I smiled.

Me: Say “Good night” Zachary.

Zach: Good night.

He waved to Ryan, Chaz, Christian, and Erin.

Everyone: Good night.

As we made it to the stairs and began to walk up them I heard Zach sigh.

Zach: Are we going to bed mommy?

Me: Well we’ll watch some TV for a while.

Zach: Ok. Can we watch a movie?

Me: Sure. Do you know which movie?

Zach. Hmmmm? Chicken Run?

Me: How do you know that movie? That was what I watched when I was your age.

Zach: The lady had all these old movies in black boxes and she’d put them in the bigger box and we’d watch them.

Me: Hm. Interesting. Well Chicken Run it is.

Once we made it to Justin’s and mine’s bedroom. I saw him lying on the bed Jaymee nuzzled up next to them and both sound asleep. I smiled.

Me: *whispers* Now Zach we gotta be quiet. Daddy and Jaymee are sleeping. Ok?

Zach: *whispers* Ok mommy.

I turned on the TV and sat Zach on the bed. I grabbed the Wii remote and got Zach some pajamas. I turned Chicken Run on and I helped Zach get undressed and put him in dinosaur pajamas. I got into mine as well and then when I turned I saw my little Zachary fast asleep. I smiled and played the movie. I laid next to him and he snuggled up to me and sighed. I looked at my family, “Good night my beautiful family.” I closed my eyes and smiled.

My life can’t get any better.

-

I heard an annoying beeping…

Ugh! Shut that noise up! Wait…

I fluttered my eyes open. It was so bright. Ones my eyes adjusted to the light. I saw a tiled ceiling. I looked around. I was in the hospital. I looked down at my legs they both were in casts one pink and one black. I saw Justin asleep in a chair and I heard a delayed beep after mine. I turned my head to the right and saw my baby boy Bradley. His eyes were closed.

Me: Bradley?

My voice cracked, dry, and filled with utter fear. My baby boy was in a coma from the crash. Justin fluttered his eyes open and saw I was awake and walked silently over to me and pulled up a chair.

Justin: Babe?  I’m so glad you’re ok. How you feeling?

Me: Confused! Is my baby ok?

I asked in a panicky tone.

Justin: Shhhh. He’s just sleeping babe. He’s fine. He just has a broken arm, leg, and dislocated shoulder. No concussions, internal bleeding, or anything else serious. He’s gonna be just fine.

I sighed and sank into the bed with utter relief and peace of mind. Justin grabbed my hand and I held it tight. Justin brought my hand to his mouth and he kissed it. I closed my eyes and began breathing deeply.

-

I opened my eyes. I blinked a couple of times. I let out a silent exhale as I just starred at the ceiling. My baby was ok. It was still dark. I looked at the clock and it read 4:12 A.M. I returned my head back to the position I woke up in. I closed my eyes, but nope! My body was WIDE awake. I slid off the bed quietly and walked out of the room shutting the door behind me. I walked down the hall and down the stairs. I turned on the kitchen light and got myself a glass of water. I sat on the couch and turned on the T.V. I went onto Netflix and watched some episodes of Ghost Adventures. I laid there and then I heard someone walking down stairs. I looked at the stairs and I saw Zachary rubbing his eyes. I smiled.

Zach: Mommy?

I got up and walked over to him picking him up and walking back over to the couch. I laid on my back with Zach laying on top of me. He quickly returned to sleeping and I began to feel my eyes shut.

-

I awoke to Zach lifting his head.

Zach: Mommy?

He said in a worried tone. I felt him slip into the crack between me and the couch.

Me: What is it honey?

Zach: I’m scared.

Me: Why?

Zach: The Boogey Man.

I let Zach lay on his side. I laid on my side too. I was facing him and he me.

Me: Mommy is here Zachy. I won’t let anyone get you or hurt you.

He snuggled up to me and I held him close to me with my arm. I began to sing “You’ll Be In My Heart” and he quickly was sleeping again. I yawned and quickly passed out again.

-

I awoke to a bright light and thunder quickly following it. I grabbed Zachary tightly but not too tight and he jolted awake and buried his face into my neck and held onto me tightly. I looked at the clock and it said 5:57 A.M.

Ok. How many times am I gonna wake up tonight? Well today.

Me: It’s ok Zach. It’s just a storm blowing through.

Zach yawned and just laid there next to me wide awake just like me. We lyed there just in silence enjoying each other’s company while it rained. I turned my head and looked at the clock now it said 6:24 A.M. I heard someone coming down the stairs. It was Justin. He as shirtless and in plaid fleece pajama pants and boy did he pull that look off well. I smiled and he smiled that devilish smile back. I turned and kissed Zach’s temple and then moved him off and got up. I walked over to Justin and hugged him. We leaned back and our lips met. I smiled and held Justin’s body close to mine. Justin brought one hand up to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb. Then we broke the kiss. I looked into his eyes and he into mine.

Justin: I love you babe.

Me: I love you too hun.

He smiled and we kissed again. Then he winked at me and walked over and started watching TV with Zach. I stood and smiled.

I love my family. Today is going to be a fun day, definitely.