Chapter 11

LATER AT NIGHT

Everyone gathered in the middle of the Gym. Alleigh, Kiara and I all hid behind the door and waited until someone came in. Suddenly we all heard a door open. I could hear foot steps walking towards us. The handle turned and the door opened. It was Mr. Harris. The plan was working he was walking straight to the middle.

"I came to visit the three people that I put in here yesterday" Mr. Harris looked around for us in the group of people.

"Wait, where are they?" Mr. Harris said.

I put the gun up to his head. Mr. Harris put his hands into the air and surrendered. He got onto his knees and looked at me.

"Where did you get that gun?" Mr. Harris asked.

"Your 'guard' didn't do a very good job of searching me" I said avoiding the question.

"We are going to take over this place, and you won't be able to stop us. We will win, and you will be just like us. Imprisoned and given little to no food" I said.

"You kids really think you could win against us? We are adults, much stronger then you guys are. Also most of the teachers are on my side" Mr. Harris said.

"I don't want to kill you. I really don't. I know you're good man. Where ever that man has gone, you should try to bring him back. Also because I don't think I can kill another person ever again. So I have an idea. I'll lock you up in the storage room for your entire life. You will be feed scraps only. And if there is no scraps, well I guess you will have to starve" I said.

I grabbed his arms and tied them up with a bit of material, I did the same thing with his legs as well.

"My family died. I just know it. That's why I changed like this. But you won't keep me locked up forever, you will let me out" Mr. Harris said starting to cry.

"I guess we will just have to wait and see" I said.

Everyone was looking right at me. Most of them looked very confused. Kiara and Alleigh both walked up next to me.

"What now?" Alleigh said.

"Now we take this place" I said.

1 MONTH AND 4 DAYS LATER

The take over was easy. All of the teachers were happy that I took down Mr. Harris. A week after I imprisoned Mr. Harris we buried the dead and made a new system that we will all work by. We chose who we want to be. We made factions. There was the runners, who went out to collect food, water and other supplies. There was the leaders, these people were the ones who made the decisions and lead everyone the right way. There's also designers, who design structures that we build in the future, and lastly Guards, they pretty much just watch the area for Walkers, and they would alert us if something was up. Because I captured Mr. Harris I was granted to be all of the above. The Underdale Safe Zone is turning into a great place, all of us are surviving. But the good thing is that Walkers aren't usually seen around here. Which is lucky for us.

"You see what we can do if you didn't interfere. This place would of had much more people. We would of been a stronger group. But you just had to kill innocent people" I said.

"They didn't follow the rules, they deserved it" Mr. Harris said.

"And what were those rules. Being forced out into a world full of dead people who walk the streets. You had no right to kill them" I said.

I stood up and walked away. The new leader is one of the teachers. Ms. Haywood. She had brown hair normally tied up in a pony tail. She always has a smile on her face as well. She's a good person, she's a good friend. I was voted co-leader by her but many people disagreed with her picking me.

A week ago, a group of people who were unhappy with how things worked had a massive protest, and it turned into a brawl. But it's ok now. Even though people don't get along here they've learned to at least try to. Alleigh chose to become a guard so I decided to go see her. I climbed the ladder up to the roof.

"Oh, hey Sam" Alleigh said.

"Hey, I just came to see how you are doing" I said.

"I'm doing fine, it's just a bit boring up here. It would be good to have some company" Alleigh said.

I sat down next to her and we both looked out at the road in front of us.

"How are you?" Alleigh asked me.

"I'm not to good" I said.

"Why, what's the matter?" Alleigh asked me.

"This is the main reason I came up here actually. I just can't seem to forget those people I killed. When I pulled that trigger their faces just went from being so confident to scared. I don't think I'll be able to kill anyone ever again. And in this world, it's something I might need to do. I just need your help, what should I do" I said as a walker was walking down the road.

"You just need to get over it. They deserved to die. They killed one of our friends, they probably raped and did many other things to that poor girl that you found crying in the supermarket. They almost killed us as well. If you are the kind of man that puts people into a gaol cell instead of killing them, then your a great man. But the reason you killed those men was because they were the ones with the gun in your face. It's ok not to kill some people, but what you did with Mr. Harris made many people like you, but it also made many people hate you. But imprisoning Mr. Harris was a good idea. A death sentence isn't good enough for him, he needs to rot in a small room for the rest of his life. In the future if we do face people that you need to kill. I'll be by your side, if I'm still alive. You need to, to survive. Killing is the new way of life. You just have to deal with it" Alleigh said.

"Your a strong man Sam. And I res........" Alleigh stopped talking because the sound from multiple cars was coming down the road we were watching.

The cars didn't stop they just kept going. They smashed into our gate. Smashing it open.

*CRASH*