Chapter 35

We all got into a car and drove out towards Tungkillo.

"If she is at Tungkillo then do you know why she would leave?" Aydan said.

"No. She was happy. When Sam said we could go to Underdale she was happy. I don't know why she would just leave, and I don't know why nobody even saw her leave" Mabel said.

"Maybe she just left something at Tungkillo and went back to get it" Aydan said.

"Then why didn't she say anything before she left?" Mabel said.

"Well what was the last thing she did?" I said.

"She was helping out with brining in the gardening tools" Mabel said.

"And then she just disappeared?" I asked.

"That's the last time I saw her" Mabel said.

"We will find her" I said.

We made it to Tungkillo. I drove up to the gate. We all got out of the car.

"Frances! Frances!" Mabel yelled out.

"Keep it down. There could be Walkers around here" I said.

"Frances where are you!" Mabel yelled.

I stepped in front of Mabel.

"If you keep yelling Walkers would be on top of us, and if Frances is here she would be in danger, and so would we. We can still look for her but just keep it down" I said.

"I just want to find her. I don't know what I would do without her. I don't have any family left alive" Mabel said.

"What about us? We are you're new family. We see each other everyday. We are family" I said.

"You know what I mean. Real family" Mabel said.

Aydan opened the gate and we all walked in while Mabel ran in.

"Frances!" Mabel yelled.

I sighed as I looked around for Frances. We looked for at least a hour around two houses but we couldn't find her. We grouped together.

"She's not here" Mabel said.

"She has to be somewhere" I said.

We were about to get into our car when a small amount of Walkers were heading towards us.

"See this is what happens when you are to loud" I said.

I closed the gate quickly and took out the Walkers through the gate. We took them all out.

"I think we should wait here for a few more hours. Just in case she comes here" Mabel said.

"Ok. We will stay here for another three hours then we will head back and look tomorrow" I said.

We all sat down on the front porch and waited for Frances to arrive.

"Mabel. You never told me what happened at Tungkillo in detail. If you don't mind I would like to know more" I said.

"Ok. Well when all this started I was at school. My mum picked Frances and I up took us back here and the Tungkillo community came together. We made a fence around these houses which your dad worked on the most. We were living and thriving it was good. We were happy. But then we were attacked by Heath's people. Lots of people fled including your dad and brother, lots of people surrendered and some of them joined them. But most died. Luckily most of us hid under the house and Heath didn't find us. We were then about thirty people short. Maybe more. My mum died. I saw it happen right in front of me. That's why I want to kill Heath. I haven't been talking about it much. But he deserves to die" Mabel said.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I want him dead as well" I said as Aydan comforted Mabel.

I smiled.

"How did you guys meet?" I asked.

"Well. Aydan came over with a few of his people from the Adelaide Oval. We went on a run with a few others and he saved me. I was almost bitten. But he killed the Walker, and it went from there" Mabel said.

Mabel and Aydan kissed.

"Oh yeah. I've been wanting to ask you what you think the future of this world could look like" Mabel said.

I leaned forward and thought hard.

"In the future I see people coming together, Ana will change her people and we will all come together. We would have weekly fires and daily markets for people from all the communities to come together and sell their produce or items. I can see large events for communities to come together and party. I see more children and more relationships being made. I can see a new world with no fear of death or injury. I can see less Walkers around which would mean we can leave our gates open. I can see more buildings more weaponry and more communities from all over the place. I can see people relaxing for years and years watching their children grow up. That's what I can see. A future worth fighting for. That's what we are trying to create at Underdale. It all starts with the crops being planted. Once they are we will start to create that life. We will take people in and we will give them the life and protection they need. Then all the people that died don't have to look over us anymore. They can relax and be happy that what they did meant something to others. I want to see Megan grow up. I want to see her become the leader of Underdale one day, and when this happens I can be proud that what I did was worth it for people in the future. That's what I think" I said.

There was a long silent pause.

"That's why I wanted to come and live in Underdale. I want to be apart of Underdales future. Aydan and I both want to" Mabel said.

"Well. We are happy to have you aboard" I said.

"Thank you. I'm glad we found each other because I don't think I would be here at the moment if it wasn't for you" Mabel said.

"Same goes to you. We help each other. That's what we do. Let's start looking for Frances again shall we?" I said standing up.