Chapter 29

THE NEXT DAY

"I can't believe we won" Hunter said.

I stayed silent still hoping that Alleigh would be ok.

"Hey, Alleigh is going to be fine, she'll pull through" Hunter said comforting me.

That's when I remembered about Kiara. I stood up and walked to the Walker ditch. As I was walking there I saw people dragging Thomas's body out from the prison. I walked past the fence and saw the ditch. I took out my gun and shot at all the Walkers instead of Kiara. I saw everyone running over to me to see what was up. I climbed down and got Kiara onto the ground. I held her down.

"I'm sorry" I said stabbing her in the head.

I turned around and tried to get out of the ditch, but I couldn't. Ana put her hand out. I grabbed her hand and she pulled me out.

"Thanks" I said.

I looked around me. Everyone was looking at me.

"Now it's time to make a future. For all of us!" I said.

I saw Frances, Mabel, Ana, Megan, Anastasia, Hunter and Stella all smiling.

"I walked up to the crowd. I still need Adelaide Ovals help. Arman would you please help us take back our Safe Zone and maybe even repair it?" I said.

"With pleasure" Arman said.

I said goodbye to Alleigh even though she was still unconscious. We got into cars and drove out to Underdale. There were a few Walkers inside. We all took them out.

"Ok, first of all we need to secure this place. Let's build up the gates so nothing can get in" I said.

So we all went to work. We all started to rebuild Underdale. As we were building up the gates and fences I went to take another look at the prison. Mr. Harris escaped. That's what was playing on my mind since we came back here to look for weapons. Did he leave with Heath or did he just escape. Or is he dead? I hope he's dead. I should of just killed him. But I just couldn't. Now if he's alive we are gonna have to deal with him again, and if he kills one of us or hurts one of us. It would be my fault.

I picked up the prison door but I was struggling with it. Hunter came running over and helped me out. We lifted it and put it back up on to the hinges.

"Thanks" I said.

"No problem" Hunter said.

Hunter handed me the drill and I drilled new screws into the door.

"If someone could just kick this door down I think we should find a way to secure it properly" I said.

"Maybe we could look around for a stronger door" Hunter said.

"Yeah. We should ask around" I said.

Once we cleaned up a bit we walked back over to the gates, and surprisingly they already fixed up one of the gates that was smashed into.

"Wow. Arman. You guys are fast" I said.

"Yeah. We have a lot of people that used to build houses so we have experience" Arman said.

"Hey Sam. We would like to ask you something" Jeremy said.

"Yeah? What is it?" I said.

"We would like to ask if we could stay here. Some of us are interested in this place. It's a big place, and we can make it bigger. So if Arman and you agree I would love to stay here" Jeremy said.

"It's fine with me. There would only be a few of us living here anyways" I said.

"It would be sad to see you go Jeremy but it's up to you if you want to live here or not. This place is very impressive" Arman said.

"Cool. Thanks boss" Jeremy said.

"Well I'm not your boss anymore. He is" Arman said smiling as he walked away to work on the other gates.

"Happy to have you here" I said putting my hand out.

"I'm happy to be here" Jeremy said shaking my hand.

"There's a couple people I know that would like to stay here. I'll introduce you to them once we are finished rebuilding" Jeremy said.

"Good" I said.

After a few hours we completely cleaned Underdale. But there was still a few blood spots from the attack. I walked into the Home Economics room and saw the blood spot from where Ms. Haywood was sitting. It brought back bad memories. I cleaned up her blood. Mabel walked in.

"I was wondering if we could go over to Tungkillo after this and take out the Walkers there" Mabel said.

"Yeah. Let's go now. I think Adelaide Oval want to clean this place a bit more. So we will go with Hunter, Frances, Jeremy and Anastasia" I said.

We gathered the people up and drove out to Tungkillo. It was still filled with Walkers. But if we took it slowly we could possibly take them all out. I saw the note on the floor Thomas left me. I picked it up, crunched it into a ball and threw it away. We opened the gate slowly and took out three Walkers at a time. That's when I saw Matthew walking up to the gate. He was completely torn apart. He stuck his head out trying to bite us. I quickly hacked his head with my axe. But then the Walkers came too fast. They piled up onto the dead bodies and pushed the gate open.

"Shit fall back!" I said.

We ran backwards and got ready to kill the last few Walkers coming at us. We kept our cool and killed all the Walkers. We then went inside and killed any Walkers that were laying on the ground.

"Thank you" Mabel said.

"No problem" I said.

"On our way back we can ask if Arman and his people can come up here and fix this up" I said.

"Yeah" Mabel said looking at all the dead bodies.

We all put away our weapons and looked around at each other. I knew that with all these communities. We could make something just like before. With hard work of course.