Chapter 24

TEN DAYS BEFORE
MR. HARRIS

I heard people screaming and running around the prison I was in. I climbed up to the barred window and looked over. I saw a bunch of Walkers coming in through a broken down fence. I sat down and laughed. Before I knew it I was surrounded by Walkers. I was sitting in the prison listening to all the Walkers walking past me.

After a while I heard some cars smashing through another side of the fence. But this time they started to shoot. I decided to look out again. I saw Sam and a few other people making a run for it as they were shot at. I waited a while. All of a sudden no more shots were fired. But at that moment when I stood up to look out again, I saw Sam, Ms. Haywood and a few others running out of the Home Economics room. They ran past the prison and ran across the basketball court. That's when they went behind the buildings where I couldn't see them. All I heard was a car starting up and speeding away.

Around about ten minutes later I could heard a couple people walking around the cell I was in. I stood up. I peaked over the barred windows and saw a few men standing at the front of the cell door. I fell back to the ground and waited for them to open the door for me.

"I'll check in here" The man said.

He tried to open the door.

"It's locked" he said.

He forced the door open and in a matter of seconds had it open. He looked in and saw me sitting on the floor.

"Hey" I said.

"Get up!" The man said pointing a gun at me.

"Hey, I'm on your side buddy. These people locked me up in here and starved me almost to death" I said.

"Shut up and walk out slowly" The man said.

"Fine" I said.

I walked out and showed him my hands. He walked me over to the parking lot where a large group of people were standing. As I walked past everybody, people were looking at me and checking me out. I nodded and said hello to everyone.

"Who is this?" A man said.

"Found him locked up. In a cell" the man said who got me out of the prison.

"Why were you locked up?" The man said.

"They put me in there for no reason. A kid overruled me and then put me in the cell" I said.

"Tell me the real reason" the man said.

"I killed a lot of them and held most of them captive and made them starve" I said hoping that they won't kill me.

"What's your name?" The man said.

"I'm Paul Harris, nice to meet you" I said putting out my hand.

"I'm Heath Worthington. Like wise" Heath said shaking my hand smiling.

"So you are the leader?" I asked.

"Yep. Welcome to our group" Heath said.

"Thank you" I said.