Chapter 27

1 HOUR LATER

We were back on the road heading towards the Adelaide Oval, which was thankfully a quicker drive. Alleigh was sitting in the back this time and Ana was sitting next to me. I looked over at her.

"It was my fault....... that Josh died. If I trusted you and went down the road you told me. He would still be alive" I said.

Ana looked over at me.

"If we didn't turn off, that horde would of gone straight to the Bridge. You saved a whole community of people. It's not your fault. Trust me this time. Trust me that I know that it's not your fault. He died because he tripped he wasn't careful enough" Ana said.

I looked forward onto the road.

"I guess" I said.

We made it to the Adelaide Oval. I stopped the van outside it. The stadium was much bigger then I remembered. I used to see it in the news everyday and I would also see it when I use to take walks when my mum was alive. But I haven't seen it for a while. We all got out of the van and walked up to the large gate that was covering an entrance into the stadium. I looked up. I saw two guys look over the gate.

"Ana. Hello. Who are these people?" They said.

"They are my friends. They are here to talk to Arman. Can you open the gate now Jeremy" Ana said.

"Alright" Jeremy said.

Jeremy has thick black hair with tanned white skin. His eyes were pitch black and he looked extremely strong. Like he was from the military.

The gate slowly opened. As they opened I could see markets and stalls all on the grounds. We all walked in. I looked around me at the seating area and saw many people talking together and I could see that some of the seats where taken out to make more room. All the communities that I have seen has made me jealous. What they have become, compared to ours. They have moved further then us. While we haven't even made a proper home yet.

Tungkillo doesn't even have a single plant growing and Underdale didn't even have grass to grow crops. The schools Oval would've been a great place but we would have to work on getting materials to put walls around the Oval and that would take time and effort. Which we didn't have at the time.

Ana directed us up the seats and into one of the commentary boxes. When we got in I saw a elderly Indian man, with bright grey hair and blue eyes. He had wrinkles all over his face and neck. He was talking to a few people. He looked up and saw us. He looked surprised and stopped talking to his people. He walked up to us.

"Hello. Welcome to the Adelaide Oval. What are they here for Ana?" Arman said.

"They are here to make a request for help" Ana said.

"Firstly, what are your names?" Arman asked.

"I'm Sam, this is Mabel, Brianna, Alleigh and you've meet Ana. I'm here to ask you if you would like to help us defeat Heath's and Thomas's groups. I know it's asking a lot but these two groups killed many of your people right? They killed a lot of mine as well. I'm here to ask you if you would like to join us to go to war, we already have Murray Bridge on our side, now we just need you" I said.

Arman looked surprised.

"Well they are both evil men, and I wouldn't feel to responsible for just letting kids go there by themselves so, we're in. But first, I would like to see your value. If you've been around for this long you guys can probably look after yourselves right? There's a place not to far from here. It has supplies that we need. But it's filled with the dead. I would like you to take them out. If you are able to clear it for us you would get half of the supplies and we will join you in this war" Arman said.

"Ok. We agree. Thank you. Where is it?" I said.

"There's a truck depot just west from here. There is around sixteen dead ones in there. The supplies there would help both of us, I'm sure you guys would need it. There's food, building resources and many more things" Arman said.

"Ok, cool" I said taking out a walkie talkie from my belt.

I handed it over to Arman. He took it and brought out his other hand to shake my hand. I shook it.

"When we are done I will tell you through the walkie talkie. I will then tell you the plan" I said.

"We already have the advantage over Thomas. We sent a large horde of Walkers into their base. I don't think they would be clearing them out anytime soon" I said.

We all moved out and got into our van to head to the final destination. We stopped at the front of the truck depot. We all got out.

"Ok guys no gun fire unless you have to. Use your knifes as much as you can" I said as everyone got into position.

I took out my knife and banged the metal.

"I really need to get my hatchet back" I said.

I opened the gate and we all rushed in.

"They are coming from behind us!" Alleigh said.

We got ready to move around to face the Walkers. We all started to take a few out. As we took as many out as possible Brianna held onto a Walker. She pushed it into Alleigh. Alleigh fell to the ground.

"Shit" I said.

I ran over and killed the Walker on top of her. I turned around and saw that Brianna was holding a gun to my head. Everyone looked at Brianna.

"Keep killing the Walkers" I said.

The group went forward and started to take out the Walkers.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I'm from Heath's group. Heath knew someone escaped from Underdale, and when he heard that some school students were imprisoned at Mount Barker he wanted them alive so he could kill them. And that's what he is doing right now. Thomas and Heath are both at Tungkillo right now, and most likely all your people are dead" Brianna said.

I noticed the group killed all the Walkers. I saw Mabel creeping behind Brianna. She punched her across the back of her head. Brianna fell to the ground still conscious. I took out my revolver and aimed it at her head.

"Good luck. You don't have a chance. Heath will kill all of you!" Brianna said laughing.

*BANG*

I shot Brianna in the head. Her eyes were still open. I closed my eyes. I just killed someone. Again. But this time it felt better. I didn't feel bad. I felt like it had to be done. I looked up at everyone. They were all looking at me. I couldn't tell if they were afraid of me or with me.

"We need to get back now" I said.

We all ran to the van. I quickly closed the gate to the truck depot and ran to the van. I quickly got back onto the road, to head back to Tungkillo. I stepped my foot on the accelerator as hard as I could. I picked up the walkie talkie.

"Arman. We did it. We cleared the Walkers. But we found out that one of our members was working with Heath, she said all of our people at our Safe Zone has been killed. Get your army ready. We might need your help" I said.

I put the walkie talkie down and focused on driving. We made it to Tungkillo. I stopped the van out front of the gate and quickly got out. I looked into the Safe Zone and saw that it was filled with Walkers.

"No" I said.

I saw a note on the gate. I picked it up.

'This is what happens if you fuck with me and my people!' The note read.