Chapter 33

"Hunter try to get one of the cars started!" I said running over to another car.

I opened the door and tried to turn it on using the key that was left on the front seat. I heard the car that Hunter was at turn on.

"Sam! I got this one working!" Hunter yelled.

I ran over to the car.

"Good job babe. Alleigh, Jeremy how many more crates do you have?!" I asked yelling so they could hear me.

"This is the last one!" Jeremy yelled.

"Hurry it up. We have about six minutes till the horde is here! The key is in the van!" I yelled.

"Wait, where are you going?" Hunter asked.

"I'm going to try to turn the horde around. That horde could be heading towards Tungkillo, Adelaide Oval and maybe even Underdale. I'm not going to risk it, and if they don't go in that direction either we would have to deal with them later or someone else has to" I said getting into the car.

"I'm coming!" Hunter yelled.

I locked the car doors.

"Babe. I'm sorry. I love you" I said as I drove off.

As I was driving off I heard Hunter yelling "I love you more!"

I drove towards the horde. I stopped the car at a turn off and waited for the horde to get closer. As the horde was about five meters away I made a turn slowly. I beeped the horn and the horde all turned at the same time following me. I kept going straight for a while and then turned right.

I decided I was just gonna go to the same road and turn the Walkers around. I drove past the first turn off but I could still see a few Walkers going past. I slowly drove up to the second turn off and saw no Walkers. I turned right down the road then quickly turned left. I waited for the Walkers to catch up and then drove forward. I drove down the road till I thought all the Walkers were on the single road. I then beeped my horn a couple times and sped up. I drove along the road for about eight kilometres and turned left. I then headed back towards Tungkillo.

Thirty minutes later I was at Tungkillo. Frances opened the gate for me and I drove in. I saw Hunter sprinting out to see me.

"Sam!" Hunter yelled.

"Hey" I said as I got out of the car.

She ran up to me and we hugged each other. I kissed her on the head.

"I love you more" I whispered into her ear.

She laughed and kissed me on my neck. We both let go. We held each other's hand and walked up to Mabel.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked.

"Yeah" Mabel said.

"Ok, make your way towards Underdale now. We will catch up after going to Mount Barker" I said.

"Alright. We'll see you later" Mabel said as her people got into their cars and drove off.

"Let's get this gardening equipment to Ana shall we?" I said getting into the van.

I started the car and head towards Mount Barker. When we made it to Mount Barker I stopped the van in front of the gate. The guards opened the gate and let us in. I drove forward and parked the car in the carpark. It gave me bad memories. We all got out of the van. I walked to the back of the van and opened it. I saw Ana walking up to us.

"Hey. I haven't seen you guys in a few weeks" Ana said hugging me.

"We were busy working on the Underdale expansion. It's good to see you as well" I said.

"What's all of this?" Ana asked.

"We know that your crops aren't doing so great so we got a few gardening tools for you to get yourself back on your feet" I said.

Ana smiled.

"Really! Thank you" Ana said.

"We'll give you half of what we got" I said.

Some of Ana's people walked over and took out some of the crates. They took half. But then one of her people came up to the van again and was about to take one crate too many. I stepped in front of him.

"You've got half" I said.

"We want more" he said.

He kept walking. I pushed him back.

"You have your half. Now step back" I said looking at Ana.

"Kane step back" Ana said.

Kane turned around and looked at Ana.

"Ana are you joking. Only half? That's not much at all" Kane said.

"Kane shut up" Ana said.

"If it's not enough why don't you go out there and get a few things on your own instead of wasting our time" Hunter said.

"Excuse me? What did you just say? Even your boyfriend knows this. We all work together so what's the need when we have all of you getting things for us" Kane said.

Kane walked up to Hunter and got in her face.

"You need to step back" I said.

Kane turned around and looked at me. He then walked back to Ana.

"Ana. If this ever happens again, and if I find out that you guys aren't getting things for yourself, I'm gonna have to pull you off from the communities pledge. I don't want my people at risk every time I come here" I said.

"Yes. I'm sorry. Kane go back inside and I'll have a private chat with you" Ana said.

Kane walked back into Mount Barker. I turned around and closed the van shutter door.

"Look Sam I'm trying. It's harder then you think to lead a group of people. Especially people who have different mind sets. We haven't gone past our walls for a week. But thanks to Arman we've had enough food and water to last" Ana said.

"Your community doesn't have anything to offer us at the moment. So I advise you to go out and find some things for yourself instead of using other peoples time" I said getting in the van.

"If Kane is ever like that again. Your deal with Underdale is over" I said as I drove away.

"Mount Barker is worse then I thought" Hunter said.