Chapter 36

We got into our car after waiting at Tungkillo for two hours. I drove around Tungkillo for a while. But there was no trace of her anywhere. We kept looking around for a little longer. We stopped at a few houses and checked them. We looked for Walkers. We looked in cars. We looked everywhere. But she wasn't here. Well she wasn't in the vicinity of Tungkillo. We all got back into the car. We all sighed as a Walker walked up to our car. The Walker started to hit the car and try to grab us. Aydan rolled down his window and stabbed it through the window. As he rolled the window up Mabel said "We could look around in the city for a while. She might be there"

There was a moment of silence.

"I really need to be getting back to Underdale to look over Ana's people. They need me back there. I'm sorry to say it but. I really think it's time to head back now. We can always try to find her tomorrow" I said.

"No. I want to keep looking for her. If you want to go back you can but I'm going to look for longer" Mabel said.

"Ok. Let's try to get one of these cars started for you then" I said.

We all got out and looked through the cars. I opened the front door to the car right next to me. I saw keys. I turned the key and the car slowly turned on. Mabel and Aydan walked over to me.

"I'll take this one. It looks like you are gonna need a better car. Let's just unload all of the stuff we got into my car first" I said.

Aydan, Mabel and I all walked over to the first car with all the supplies in it that I collected on the way for the crops. We all put it into my new broken down car. Once we finished we all walked up to each other.

"Alright. I'll see you at Underdale" I said.

"Yep. We will see you soon" Mabel said.

"Stay safe" I said.

Mabel walked off to her car. I walked up to Aydan and shook his hand. I got closer to his ear.

"Keep her safe" I whispered.

"I will" Aydan said.

We all took our separate ways. I drove a different way to Underdale to see if I could see anything useful on the way. I drove past a burnt down supermarket. I stopped the car and got out. I walked up to the supermarket and noticed that it used to be a Safe Zone. I walked in and saw burnt Walkers all over the ground. I looked around but nothing was salvageable. I was about to walk out when I saw a marking with white paint. I got closer to the marking but it was too dark to see fully.

I shined a torch on it. I couldn't believe it. It was a circle with a star inside of it. It was the same symbol on the helicopter that flew over us. Whoever these people are, they must have a big community of people. These people could be dangerous. I walked out of the supermarket and got back into my car. I drove forward heading back towards Underdale. I finally made the long drive and stopped in front of the gate. Marc opened the gate. I drove in and parked my car. Marc came running over to me.

"Thank god you're back. You've got to check on Ana's people they have been arguing all day. Something bad could happen very soon man" Marc said.

"Ok. Thank you I'll go check it out" I said closing my car door.

"Where's Mabel and Aydan?" Marc asked.

"Don't worry. They are still looking for Frances. They may be out there a bit longer" I said.

"Ok. That's good" Marc said.

"Alright I'll see you soon" I said.

"Yep see you boss" Marc said.