Chapter 19

Ana drove up to the entrance. The guard looked over at us to see if he knew us. He then opened the gate. Ana drove in and parked the car next to two others. Kiara and I got out of the car with Ana. Once I got out I saw children running around laughing. I saw people walking dogs and eating food together on a table. When I walked in, it looked like paradise. We kept walking in and I saw crops and food stalls. We walked up to a big building.

"Just in here" Ana said.

We all walked in. I saw a strong looking man standing over a table. He looked like he was writing something down. He looked up as we got closer to him. he had very short brown hair and hazel eyes. He was very tall.

"Ah, new survivors. Welcome to Mount Barker. Are you looking to stay here?" Thomas said.

"No. Ana actually brought us here to make peace with you and Heath's group" I said.

"Oh. Ok well does your community have something to offer us?" Thomas said.

"Our community was taken over by Heath" I said.

"Wait are you the leader of your group?" Thomas said.

"Yes" I said.

"Hahahaha" Thomas laughed.

"You? You look like your still in primary school. This is got to be a joke"

"I am the leader" I said.

"Well, I don't think I can make an agreement with a twelve year old" Thomas said.

"I'm fourteen" I said.

"I don't care. Now will you please leave. I've got better things to do then listen to children run their mouths" Thomas said.

I decided not to make him angry so I walked out with Kiara. Ana stayed in with him. She must of been trying to talk him into us joining him. Kiara and I waited at the front door for Ana to walk out. But we were waiting for at least twenty minutes. When a man walked past us with a walkie talkie. Through the walkie talkie I could hear Thomas's voice.

"Are those two kids out front?" Thomas said.

The man picked up the walkie talkie.

"Yes" The man said.

"Take them to the pit and wait for me there" I heard Thomas say.

The man quickly grabbed me.

"Hey! Let go of him!" Kiara yelled.

I kicked the man from behind but that's when two other men came running over to capture us. Kiara and I were dragged over to a big green area. We were then dragged past a fence. The men got us on our knees and held us down. A little while later Thomas came through the fence door. He walked behind me and crouched down to my ear.

"I enjoy doing this with new travellers who pass by. It's just so fun. Don't blame my girlfriend for this. This was my idea to kill you guys" Thomas said.

He stood up and grabbed Kiara. Someone else also grabbed me and we were dragged over to a big ditch in the ground. I started to hear lots moaning. I realised that the pit was filled with Walkers. Thomas dragged Kiara over to the ditch and put Kiara up to the edge of the ditch. I saw the hands and arms of the Walkers trying to grab Kiara. Thomas was slowly pushing Kiara closer and closer to the Walkers.

"No! Don't! We can work together! Our community is strong we can trade with you we can become a bigger family. All of us together! Don't do this, this will just ruin everything" I said trying my hardest to try to convince Thomas not to kill Kiara.

"What's your name?" Thomas asked.

"It's Sam, and that's Kiara. She's a human like you and I, killing her will just be making the human population smaller. Don't you want to beat this world and make the world like it was before." I said.

"Well. Sam. We will never be able to change the world back to what it used to be. It's impossible. But also you need to understand. There aren't any good people anymore. People are fighting for their lives these days, no matter what. And that means killing humans if it is necessary" Thomas said grinning at me while holding Kiara as she struggled and cried.

"But we aren't a threat to you. Why are you even trying to kill us. Where just kids" I said.

"Well. Because.... I'm bored" Thomas said laughing.

Kiara turned around and looked into my eyes. Her eyes were red and her face looked like she knew I was going to save her. But as she looked at me Thomas pushed her over the edge into the ditch full of Walkers.

"No! You fucking arsehole!" I shouted while hearing Kiara crying and screaming while being eaten alive.

I was then dragged over to the edge of the ditch and the man held me down and shoved my face over the ditch to see Kiara's body. I opened my eyes and looked down. A few Walkers were trying to reach for me but that's when I saw Kiara's body. Her stomach was open and you could see her intestines sticking out. There was blood everywhere. I started to cry. I haven't ever cried this much before.

"Wow. I never thought you were a pussy. I thought you were strong" Thomas said.

"We could of had a good life together. But now.... your going to fucking die" I said crying.

The man pushed me even closer to the ditch.

"Let me go! And let me die!" I said.

I know the man was about to let me go.

"Wait. I wanna keep Sam for my amusement. Take him to the prison" Thomas said.

I was dragged away from the ditch and back through the gate, going back into the main area. As I was being dragged to the prison I saw Ana looking at me while I was being dragged. I was then thrown into the prison and left there. A couple minutes later Thomas came walking in. He put his hand onto the prison bars and looked at me.

"You might want to get ready, because your about to go through a world of pain. Boys! Time to show him who's boss!" Thomas said.

Two men walked into the prison both holding wooden baseball bats.

"Ha ha this will be fun" one of the men said as he was getting ready to hit me across the face with the baseball bat.