Chapter 32

THE NEXT DAY

Alleigh, Hunter, Jeremy and I all got into a van and drove out towards Tungkillo. The drive was long but we got there. Once we got there we all jumped out. I saw a long pole in the ground. As we walked in I noticed that it had a rope hanging down from it. Frances opened the gate for us. We walked in. Tungkillo only has around about fifty people in it. Twenty-five in one house, twenty-five in the other house. It's small but they manage to live here. Mabel walked over to us. She had bruises all over her face.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Someone attacked me last night. I was lucky to get away. We are having him hanged" Mabel said.

"Because here in Tungkillo, the crime is there punishment" Mabel said.

"Well are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine" Mabel said.

"What was the reason you wanted to talk to me?" I asked.

"Well. There's two things. Number one, we are running out of water, fast. We are running out of food as well, and number two is I was hoping that we could all follow you back to Underdale. All of us can go. You have enough room. I'm done with Tungkillo. I want to move on" Mabel said.

I looked down at the floor and sighed. I kicked around some dirt then looked up at Mabel.

"Ok. You can come with us. Once we are back from our run we will come back and you guys can follow us to Underdale. Make sure you're packed when we get back" I said.

"Thank you!" Mabel yelled hugging me.

"You're welcome. Ok we will be back" I said.

"Oh wait. Meet Aydan. Aydan meet Sam" Mabel said as she slowly pushed a man in front of her.

He was wearing a blue cap. He has curly brown hair and a small scruffy beard he also had thick eyebrows and hazel eyes. He was taller then me.

"Nice to meet you" I said shaking Aydan's hand.

"He's my new boyfriend" Mabel said.

I nodded and smiled at Aydan.

"We will see you later. You better be packed" I said.

We all walked out of Tungkillo and got into our van. I started the van and we started to drive swerving past a few Walkers.

"Where are we going to go?" Alleigh asked.

"There's a big plant shop in this direction that I know of. I think we should check it out" I said.

We headed towards the plant shop. We drove past dead bodies and many other weird things. But finally we made it. I stopped the car in front of the store. We all looked in while sitting in the car.

"There could be a few Walkers in there" Jeremy said.

"Let's take a look" I said getting out of the van.

I walked to the door and banged on it. I waited for Walkers to come to the front door. Only two came up to the door. I opened the door and took them both out.

"How are you so good at killing them?" Jeremy said.

"I guess practice" I said walking in.

I heard Walkers moaning in another room.

"Be careful it sounds like there could be one stuck somewhere" I said crouching a little trying to be quiet.

"Over here!" Alleigh shouted.