Chapter 4

The girl kept following me. She didn't stop. She was on of them. She had the virus, and I now know that if you get bitten you turn into one of them. I heard someone walking behind me. I looked behind me and I saw another student walking up. She was the girls friend.

"Maria?" The student said to the girl.

The girl who is called Maria didn't stop limping towards us. Maria's friend kept getting closer to Maria.

"Maria? What happened to you? Why aren't you answering me?" Maria's friend asked.

Maria's friend was right up to Maria. She put her hands out to hug Maria. Maria fell towards her friend trying to bite her. I quickly ran in and grabbed Maria's friend. I pulled her away from Maria as Maria fell on top of me. I was trying hard to push her off of me as she was trying to eat me. I looked down the hallway as I saw Maria's friend running away. She didn't even help me after I helped her.

I struggled getting Maria off of me. I was pushing her hard but she was grabbing at my shirt and tugging me towards her trying to bite me.

I felt someone grabbing at Maria. I looked over Maria's shoulder and I saw Alleigh and Kiara trying to pull her off of me. They gave me confidence. I kneed Maria in her stomach and she went flying over my head. I quickly got up as Maria slowly got up as well. Alleigh, Kiara and I all stepped back as she walked towards us.

"What do we do?" Kiara asked.

"Just stay back from her" Alleigh said.

I looked down the hallway and I could see Mr. Harris and a few other teachers rushing down. They didn't know Maria had the virus as Mr. Harris rushes past her. Maria grabbed Mr. Harris' arm and pulled him in towards her mouth. Mr. Harris pulled away and pushed Maria hard. She fell onto the floor hitting her head on the lockers. I could hear a loud crack sound from her neck being broken.

Mr. Harris stepped backwards looking down at what he just did. He put his hand on his mouth.

"You just killed her" Kiara said.

"She... she was dead already. She had the virus" Mr. Harris said.

As we were looking down at Maria I saw her fingers move. She then slowly started to crawl her way towards Mr. Harris. She was somehow still alive. She was moaning and groaning even louder.

"Step back" Ms. Haywood told us walking in front of us.

We all just looked at Maria as she slowly crawled towards Mr. Harris. None of us knew what to do. I walked over to the girls bedroom and I looked inside. I saw about six bodies in the floor with blood everywhere. They must of all been bitten in their sleep. I wonder if anyone else was bitten.

I looked over at Maria. I had an idea. I walked back over to everyone and I looked at Mr. Harris.

"I figured out how the virus spreads. If someone who's infected bites you, you turn into one of them. There's about six bodies inside that room right now. They are all like ticking time bombs and they are about to turn. We should put Maria in there with them, and lock the door. If there's a cure, we can get them all done help" I said.

All the teachers looked at me and so did Alleigh and Kiara. They all looked surprised. I think it was because I was always the quiet one.

"Good idea Sam. Come on. Everyone help us pick her up and put her into the room with the others" Mr. Harris said.

We all walked over to the side of Maria. I grabbed her leg and others grabbed her arms, hips and her head so she wouldn't bite anyone. We then slowly lifted her up and put her into the room. It smelt bad in the room. It smelt like blood. We all quickly ran out because of the smell and Mr. Harris closed and locked the door.