Chapter 31

I looked out at the oval. I saw everyone working on the fence. When we took back Underdale a few people from Adelaide Oval and Mount Barker decided to come with us to Underdale and live in our Safe Zone instead. Most of them were building the fences. The gate to the school was open so I walked out towards the construction crew to help them. We walked past Alleigh on the way.

"Morning" I said.

"Hey" Alleigh said.

"What's the number of Walkers that have come?" I said.

"Around about five so far" Alleigh said.

"Ok" I said patting her on the shoulder.

I walked to the end of the oval. I saw Jeremy walking up to me. Jeremy was one of the people that came to Underdale from the Adelaide Oval.

"Hello Jeremy. How's the current progress at?" I asked.

"Hello. Um, we have one more sheet to put up which should take around five minutes than we will start to add the support beams. Which should take around two hours maybe" Jeremy answered.

"Good. Keep up the good work" I said.

I walked up to the rest of the construction crew.

"You guys need any help?" I asked.

"Nope. Let us do it all. You all got us here. It's the least we could do" Marc said.

Marc was from Mount Barker. He is very pale and has big curly black hair. He was really skinny as well and was a little bit smaller then me. He was also one year older then me.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

"HEY! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP!" Megan screamed as she was running up to me.

"You needed the rest" I said.

"No I didn't I wanted to help with the fence!" Megan said.

"Well it's too late now. Look" I said pointing to them putting the last sheet on.

"No! Dammit!" Megan shouted.

"Ha keep it down a little honey. We don't want Walkers to hear you" I said.

"But I really wanted to help" Megan said.

"It's ok you can probably help with the support beams. Just go ask Jeremy over there if you can help and he will show you what to do" I said.

"Ok!" Megan said stomping off proudly over to Jeremy.

"Morning" Hunter said.

"Good Morning" I said turning around.

Hunter looked very cute in the mornings. She would always wear this wooly grey long sleeve shirt I gave her. The sleeves were way to long for her arms so the sleeves would go past her hands. She would never roll the sleeves up. She likes them hanging down. She looks very cute like this. Her hair would always be messy too and her eyes would be practically closed shut.

I hugged Hunter and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She rested her chin on the top of my collarbone and kissed my neck. She put her arms around me and hugged me.

"How come you didn't wake us up?" Hunter asked.

"I thought that you could of used the sleep" I said.

"Yeah. I did need it" Hunter smiled.

"When's the arts and craft session that we are taking Megan to?" Hunter asked.

"I think it's in a hour or so" I said.

Hunter turned her head around and looked over at Megan. I looked at Megan as well. She was helping carry buckets with Jeremy. They were empty buckets though, while Jeremy was carrying the buckets filled with cement.