Chapter 20

FOUR DAYS LATER

I woke up with two black eyes, bruises, cuts and blood running down many parts of my body. I heard the door open. I saw Thomas walking up to the prison gate again.

"This is the only day you will be treated and feed. You should really thank Ana for convincing me to do this" Thomas said.

A girl that looked familiar walked in through the prison gate. I couldn't really tell because my eyes started to become a little blurry. But when she sat down next to me I could tell that it was Cordillia. Cordillia was Mabel's friend before all this. Cordillia must of made her way to Mount Barker and found this place. Thomas walked out and this was my chance to try to get out of here.

Cordillia was very short, she had short browny blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Cordillia?" I said.

"Shut up. We're not meant to talk" Cordillia said.

"is there anyway you can help me get out of here?" I whispered.

"Why would I help someone like you. You murderer" Cordillia said.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"Don't play dumb. You killed one of ours when you came inside the walls" Cordillia said.

I was confused.

"I never killed anyone. Thomas must be lying to you!" I said.

"No. You're lying. Thomas would never lie. He's a great leader. And he try's his best to keep this community up. And you come in here and destroy it. Screw you" Cordillia said.

I looked away from Cordillia's she was cleaning my face with a small wet towel.

"You should trust Thomas more..... It's good to see you, I guess" Cordillia said chucking me my food while walking out of the prison.

I quickly picked up the food she gave me and scoffed it down my throat as quickly as possible. I also chugged the small glass of water I was given. It hurt when I ate and drank my food and water because my throat was a little swollen. Thomas then walked in and looked at me through the prison bars.

"It's a shame I had to kill one of our own so people would understand why I'm keeping you hostage. It's a bummer though, the man I killed really was useful. Oh well" Thomas said laughing as he walked away.

In my head I thought that Thomas was the craziest man I have ever seen. Was he like this before this all happened. Why is he like this? But also I thought of how the hell am I going to get out of here? That's when the two guards walkie talkie went off.

"We have a Heath situation. We need all men and women on deck please" Someone said on the walkie talkie.

The two guards quickly grabbed their guns which were laying on the table next to them. But as they were walking out one of them dropped a bunch of keys on the floor. When the guards ran out I quickly tried to grab the keys. But I was a few centimetres short. I quickly picked up the fork I was given to eat my food and used it to grab the keys. I quickly tried every key until I got the right one.

I walked out of the cell and closed the door behind me. I was about to walk out when I saw a door behind me. I turned around and opened it. Inside was a massive pile of weapons. I quickly grabbed as many as I could. But I couldn't find my revolver Alleigh gave me. I gave up on looking for it and made a run for it. But as soon as I got to the first building I started to hear shooting.

I ducked down and made a run for the carpark. I got into a car and quickly turned it on. That's when I saw Ana running at me. I quickly locked all the doors and started to drive. I backed up. I was going to go through the front door but that's where the war was so I decided to ram through the fence. That's when Ana knocked on the window. I winded the window down.

"What do you want?" I said.

"Let me come with you please" Ana said.

"You took me here on purpose to try to kill me. So no" I said.

"No I didn't trust me. I didn't know he was going to kill her. Please" Ana said.

"....... fine get into the car but I don't guarantee your safety at Tungkillo" I said.

"I don't care. Just get me out of here" Ana said.

I unlocked all the doors and let her in. She put her seat belt on and held her chair. She must know that ramming through the fence is the only way to escape. I quickly accelerated and drove right through the fence.

"By the way. I got this for you" Ana said putting my revolver onto the dashboard.

I ignored her and focused on driving.

"Where do I turn?" I said in a stressed out voice that potentially the girl who purposely lead me to my death is sitting next to me.

"Left. That should lead us to Tungkillo" Ana said.

I turned left and we were on the route back to Tungkillo.

"What happened back there?" I said.

"It was Heath again. He changes his mind a lot. Even though he's on our side sometimes he disagrees with the way Thomas does things, but Thomas thinks Heath is useful so he doesn't kill him" Ana said.

Sooner or later we made it back to Tungkillo. I stopped the car in front of the gate and waited for someone to open it. Frances came running up to the gate as quickly as possible and opened it for us. I slowly drove in and parked the car to the side of the drive way. I grabbed my revolver as I saw everyone walking out to see us. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my face was completely bruised and I was bleeding a little still. As I got out of the car, time slowed down. As Alleigh and Matthew soon figured out Kiara wasn't with me. Alleigh ran up to me and gave me a strong hug.

"Where's Kiara?" Alleigh quietly said to me.

"She's... she's gone" I said having a flashback of her body being ripped apart by Walkers.

Alleigh started to cry. I pushed Alleigh away from me. She looked confused.

"Are you ok?" Alleigh asked me wiping her tears.

I ignored her and walked over to Ana.

*BASH*

I punched Ana in the face and she fell to the ground, knocked out. I grabbed her and tied her up.

"I think she might of lead us to Mount Barker to kill us. Either way I don't trust her" I said.

"How did it happen? Kiara. How did she die" Matthew said.

"Her leader and boyfriend threw her into a pit full of Walkers. Then he forced me to watch. No matter what. I'm going to kill that son of a bitch for what he's done to us" I said.