Chapter 21

"What are we going to now?" Frances asked me.

"We are going to fight" I said.

"You've gotta be joking. We only have two guns and they both only have a few bullets left" Matthew said.

"Ana said that there's other communities out there that are against Thomas. If we can get them to help out, we have a chance of winning" I said.

I looked at Ana as she looked up at me. She was still tied up. She was sitting on the couch in the lounge room.

"Where are they again?" I said.

"There's two I know of. Adelaide Oval and Murray Bridge" Ana said.

"What's the first move?" Alleigh asked still down from Kiara being killed.

"Tomorrow we will go out to police stations, abandoned military outposts and Underdale to look for guns and ammo. There's bound to be a few guns at Underdale left by Heath. Then when we are prepared, we will go to the two communities and see if they will help us" I said.

"Ok. Well I'm going to help as much as I can. We need to kill this man for what he's done to us. For Kiara" Alleigh said.

I saw Hunter walking up to me.

"Are you ok?" Hunter asked.

"I'm fine" I said.

"I can patch you up if you want" Hunter said.

"Yeah. Ok" I said.

I followed Hunter over to the kitchen table and sat down on a chair. Hunter walked off somewhere and soon came back holding a bag. She put the bag on the kitchen table and sat on a chair next to me. She took out all sorts of things from the bag like, antiseptic cream, bandages and other little medical supplies. She grabbed a piece of cloth and put it on top of the antiseptic bottle. She turned the bottle over onto the cloth then took it off. She looked up at me.

"This might sting" Hunter said placing the cloth onto my head.

"Arg" The antiseptic cream stung more then I thought it was going to.

"I'm sorry about Kiara. Through the days I knew her she was a kind and loving person" Hunter said.

"She was. How's Stella doing?" I asked.

"Shes fine. She woke up and right now she's just resting" Hunter said.

"That's good to hear" I said.

"Yeah" Hunter said.

LATER THAT NIGHT

We all sat around the campfire thinking about the great person we lost. While I was sitting at the campfire my face was thumping with pain. It was like I was being punched over and over again. I looked down at Alleigh who was laying her head on my lap. She was still taking it in also taking in the fact that I almost died as well. As I looked into the fire I saw Kiara's open body. Something that I will never forget.

I picked up Alleigh's head and slowly but gently put her head down. I stood up and slowly walked over to the gate. I stood at the gate and looked out at all the other houses which have broken down doors or windows. I looked at the rubbish all over the ground.

I saw a Walker slowly coming towards me. I stepped back from the gate and let it try to grab me for a bit. I looked into her eyes as she tried to bite me for some flesh. I took out my new knife and stabbed her through the gate. The Walker slowly slid down the gate putting blood all over the gate. I noticed Hunter was coming up behind me.

"Thomas forced me to watch her body being ripped to shreds. But before she died she looked at me. Straight into my eyes. Her facial expression was scared and was like she knew I was going to save her or something. Just that face alone made me feel guilty for her death. If we just killed Ana when we saw her then she would still be alive" I said.

"Don't ever think that. It's not your fault. Not ever, no matter what, Thomas killed Kiara not you" Hunter said.

"I can't lose someone again. I just. I just want this whole thing to end. I want it to go back to normal. I'm scared Hunter. I don't know if I can do it anymore" I said.

Hunter seemed surprised.

"You didn't look scared when you saved my life, when you saved Stella's life. Even back at the supermarket you weren't scared. I know you. You are the strongest guy I know. And you're.... how old are you?" Hunter said.

"I'm fourteen.. I think" I said.

"You're fourteen. See. You're only fourteen and you are this strong. I know you can beat this world. And if you're ever scared just a little come to me and I'll help you" Hunter said.

I looked out at the houses being curious.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm fourteen turning fifteen soon. Or maybe I'm fifteen now" Hunter said.

Hunter came closer to me and hugged me to make me feel better.

"Thank you" I said.

"Anytime" Hunter said hugging me tighter.

I heard someone walking up behind us. That's when my heart almost stopped I heard a gun click from being cocked back. I looked behind me and saw Matthew aiming a gun at me. It was Alleigh's gun. He must of took it from her when she was asleep.

"What are you doing Matthew?" I said nervously.

"I fucking hate you. I've been against you this entire time! I've just been pretending!" Matthew yelled. .

I stepped in front of Hunter, and used my arm to keep her behind me.

"Why don't you put that gun down and we talk about this" I said.

"Ive hated you since I saw you on the first day. I knew you were going to be my target ever since. That's why I let all of those Walkers out, to try to kill you. It may of killed a lot of people, but it was worth it" Matthew said.

"You let the Walkers out? That was you?!" I said.

"I enjoyed stabbing Ms. Haywood through the skull. She deserved it. Mr. Harris was a better leader then you or her combined" Matthew said.

I saw Josh walking up behind Matthew.

"Put the gun down, right now!" I yelled.

*BASH*

Josh punched Matthew across the back of the head, and Matthew quickly fell to the ground. Unconscious. Hunter and I looked up at Josh. We both nodded and thanked him.

"You ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine" Hunter said.