Chapter 13

After I cut up the Walker we covered each other in blood. We also put a few insides over us. The smell was revolting.

"Argh! Somebody hel...." a person yelled from the other side of the school.

"We need a plan. Where should we go?" I said.

"I think I saw Kiara go into the Home Economics room. We should try to make it to there" Alleigh said.

"Ok. It's far from here. Especially if we walk. Were gonna have to be very careful" I said.

"I will be" Alleigh said.

We walked over to the stairway.

"I'll go first" I said.

I walked down the stairs and stood still for a moment. A Walker came up to me and smelt me. The Walker then continued walking.

"alleigh come on" I whispered.

Alleigh walked down the stairs and stood still with me.

"ok we are gonna have to whisper, let's go" I whispered.

We slowly walked past the year eight building and turned left into the teachers car park. I could see dead students and teachers all over the ground. I think there are probably a little over two hundred Walkers here. We turned left again and walked past the schools cafeteria. We then turned right and walked past the library. We made our last turn and turned right walking past the robotics room. We made it to the Home Economics room and quickly opened the doors. We quickly walked in and closed the door behind us. We walked through the corridor and into one of the kitchens. I saw Kiara, Ms. Haywood, Josh and Matthew.

Matthew was one of the main starters of the brawl. He didn't like me very much. He has brown hair that looked like he never washes it. He has lots of freckles and large two front teeth. Josh is a quite guy and didn't even attend the protest. He's Asian from the Philippines. He has very dark black hair and is as tall as me.

"Sam! Alleigh!" Kiara said standing up.

She was gonna give us a hug but didn't because she saw what we had all over us.

"The blood works as a replant" I said.

"Oh, cool that's smart" Kiara said.

"How are you?" I asked Kiara.

"I'm fine. But Ms. Haywood. She was bitten" Kiara said.

"What?" I said.

"It's true. I was bitten trying to run away from the Walkers" Ms. Haywood said.

"Do you have a fever?" I asked.

"No, not yet" Ms. Haywood said.

"We've got to do something" I said.

"Like what? We can't go out there and kill all of those Walkers. That would be suicide. That's the only thing that seems like the only way out of this. Or we could all put blood over us and walk out of here" Matthew said.

"No, we can't just leave the school. We can't just leave these people" I said.

When I said that I started to think of Mr. Harris. I kind of hope he is dead, but I also hope he's not dead because if he isn't dead he would be scared out of his wits.

ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO

"Ok, everyone. Take out your books and continue writing your Narratives" my teacher said

I quickly flipped over to my Narrative, I was writing about super heroes who went to a school to become pro heroes. But then someone knocked on the door. A teacher walked in and quietly talked with my teacher. My teacher looked sad. The teacher turned around and walked up to the door of the classroom.

"Sam. Can you please go down to the office. There's a call on the line for you" My teacher said.

I closed my books and followed the teacher who was waiting at the door. We walked into the office and I was handed the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello. This is Bethany from the Royal Adelaide Hospital. I am sorry to inform you but. Your mother has recently been involved in a car crash. She was taken to the RAH and went into surgery. But she died during the surgery. I'm very sorry for your loss..." My ears went fuzzy and I couldn't hear anything anyone's saying.

I dropped the phone and then dropped to the ground. I started to cry my eyes out. I felt people comforting me and patting me on my back. My father was called and I got picked up by him and driven to his house. My mum and dad are broken up. They've been broken up for a while. Now I only had one parent, and my dad wasn't the best dad ever either. My world completely flipped upside down that day.

Less than one month later her funeral was planned. I didn't want to talk. But because it was my mum, I felt like I had to. I said how much of a caring and lovely mum she was. I also talked about the things she really helped me with through life, and the best memories I had of her. She was buried and I didn't talk to anyone for at least a week. But my primary school friends made me feel happier and I came out of my depression. Even though I was happy I still had her always printed in the back of my head.

PRESENT DAY

My mother was one of my most influential people in my life. I looked up to her. I loved her. When she died I lived with my father and brother. That wasn't a good memory. My father was an alcoholic and my brother would sometimes beat me if I did something wrong.

"I think I should run out there and try to take as many out as possible" I said.

"No. Are you crazy?" Alleigh said.

"You can come with me if you want. But as the co-leader I need to defend the leader. If you want to help, pick up a weapon and join me. If we could get more people to help us on the way we could kill them all and win Underdale back" I said.

"It's stupid but. I'm in. I mean if we don't we will just die anyway" Alleigh said.

"Same" Kiara said.

"I'm in as well" Josh said.

Everyone looked at Matthew and waited until he responded.

"Fuck it. I'm in to" Matthew said standing up.

"Ms. Haywood stay here" I said.

"We will be back" I said walking up to the door.