Chapter 23

Alleigh and I came walking out of the gun store with a car full of guns and ammo.

"I don't think we have to search the Police Stations anymore. We got so many guns from the gun store. I really thought that the gun store would be fully searched" I said.

"Maybe people were just scared of the city" Alleigh said.

Alleigh and I got into to the car.

"I think we could just go straight to Underdale now. We can't really fit anymore supplies in this car" I said.

"True. Let's go" Alleigh said.

I started the car and started to drive forward. We started to enter the middle of the city. It looked abandoned and ruined. The whole city was trashed, with flipped over cars that have been burned. Maybe people had a few riots with the Police. I would never know because we were locked behind fences for a month. We couldn't see what was actually happening. But seeing the city like this is just so sad.

All I know is that the life we had before will never come back. Maybe we can get it close but it will never be the same. When everyday you walk outside you can hear planes flying over your head, you can hear people talking and cars driving past beeping their horns or going over the speed limit, sometimes you could even hear people doing burnouts. But today all I hear is Walkers moaning and just the wind blowing past me.

We finally made it to Underdale. I turned the car down the main road and then turned down the street that the school is on. As we got closer Alleigh moved from laying against the back of the chair to being right on the edge of the seat. I stopped the car in front of Underdale High School. Alleigh and I got out of the car and looked over at it.

"It looks good" I said.

I walked over to the front gate.

"With a few repairs on the gate we could take this place back" I said.

Alleigh and I walked in. We looked around for a while. Remembering what we used to have. That's when I remembered. Mr. Harris! I ran over to the prison and saw that the door was broken into. Did Heath break him out? Alleigh came running up behind me. Her facial expression changed from being so excited about seeing this place again to being angry and scared.

"Shit!" Alleigh said.

"He's out there somewhere. We are just gonna have to deal with the consequences. If we ever see him again, we have to kill him" I said.

"We should of just killed him before" Alleigh said.

"I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough back then" I said.

That's when a car pulled into the carpark.

"Shit" I said.

I pulled out my revolver. Alleigh and I ran up to the carpark and hid behind a car. I peaked around the car and saw four people get out of the car. Three of them looked like they were in there twenties but with them was a little girl who looked only around ten or eleven. I was going to point my gun at them and demand them to tell me why they are here. But when I saw the little girl I changed my mind. I stood up and walked over to them slowly.

They all looked at me confused. The little girl looked scared as well. I stopped in front of them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We are here just to look for food" one of the older girls said.

"What about you?" She asked.

"I'm here to gather weapons for a war we are starting" I said.

"Against who?" She asked.

I found it weird how she said that.

"Do you live in any communities?" I asked.

"No we don't. We don't like to stay in one spot we move around quite a lot" She said.

I decided to trust her.

"We are going to war against two groups a Safe Zone in Mount Barker and another where we have no idea where they are" I said.

I thought of it for a while but that's when I decided to ask them.

"Would you like to join us?" I asked.

They were quiet for a while, talking to each other. They all turned around to face Alleigh who was now standing next to me.

"Were in" She said.

"Good. I'm Sam. Nice to meet you. This is Alleigh" I said while Alleigh waved to them.

"I'm Brianna, this is Joshua, this is Sophia and here is little Megan. She is only six years old" Brianna said.

Brianna has long red hair and a very long face with a sharp chin. Her eyes were dark brown. Joshua has blonde hair and has glasses. He has lots of freckles and brown eyes. Sophia has long black hair and brown eyes. She has a mole on her cheek and her skin looked clean and perfect. Megan has a small cute nose with short brown hair that went up to her neck. She had green eyes and a small little birthmark underneath her right nostril.

"Can I ask you one question?" Joshua said.

"Go ahead" I said.

"The group you are fighting against, are they a older group or a younger group like you guys?" Joshua said.

"They are a older group. But we are going to get help from other communities we know of" I said.

"Aren't you guys a little young?" Sophia said.

"Nope" Alleigh said.

"Anyway where's your community at?" Brianna said.

"I can't tell you. You can follow us there but we aren't going to tell you where it is" I said.

"Fair enough. Alright we will follow you" Brianna said smiling.

We all got into our cars and drove back to Tungkillo. I drove up to the gate and waited for Frances to open it. She noticed that there was two cars. I drove next to her.

"They are with us" I said.

Frances nodded as she left the gate open for Brianna's group to drive in. We both parked our cars and got out. Everyone crowded around us.

"How did it go?" Elara said.

"We only had to search the gun store to have enough guns and ammunition. We also checked Underdale. I think we would be able to rebuild it" I said.

"Who are they" Mabel asked.

"Oh. This is Brianna and her people. We found them at Underdale. You guys can probably introduce each other as the day goes on. Mabel can you please help me make an armoury in the house somewhere" I said.

"Yeah. Ok" Mabel said starting to take out some of the guns from the car.