Volume One Chapter Two

The following morning the students woke up at varying times. Each student went about their morning routines. Some students took showers, brushed their teeth's and ate, while others packed their gear from the night before. One such student was Dusk. He awoke silently, and quickly packed his gear before having a single slice of toast for breakfast. He quickly made his way to the locker rooms and then to initiation. Rei, meanwhile spent majority of his morning with Sky, the pair putting their things away as well as grabbing their combat gear.

"So, what's your plan?" He grabbed his sword from the locker attaching it to his quiver on his back. He then places two dozen arrows inside the quiver.

"W... Well, I plan to hopefully find a partner who I can work well with." Her stuttering was thought to be because she's nerve-racked about what awaits them at the initiation.

"Hey, it's fine but just be careful out there, first chance you get look for me, ok?" Rei smiles softly placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile she smiles back briefly before looking away from him.

"Hey, so do you to intend to flirt all day, or...?" The pair jump in surprise at the Blake. The duo stay silent for a moment before Sky rushes out of the room leaving the three behind. Rei sighs adjusting his eyepatch and glances to the black haired girl and green haired male, Erin.

"Geez, black, could you not be any more subtle about it." He chuckles a bit before grabbing his guns and walking with her while reloading like a normal being.

"Well if I hadn't they'd still be there flirting with each other and probably be late." She said stoically, looking at Erin who was rolling his eyes at her comment, Rei sighs walking next to the pair towards their initiation.

"Whatever you say, black." The trio walk in silence. Rei looks down the cliff at a luscious green forest. Erin keeps his eyes in the sky reading the birds and every once and a while drooling while watching them.

"For years you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Oozing speaks to them surprising Erin, who glances around seeing all of his fellow classmates having arrived, along with the headmaster, and Professor Goodwhitch who speaks next.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today."

Sky looks to the pair worried. "Oh..."

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."

'Daniel' rolls his eyes.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

Rei scoffs and mutters to himself. "Seriously?"

"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way, not Grimm but opposition nonetheless. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die."

Erin sighs. "Great..."

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you accordingly. Are there any questions?"

Jaune, a blonde haired student raises a hand. "Um, yeah, uh, sir?"

"Good, now take your positions."

"Uh, sir? I've got, um, a question. So, this landing strategy thing, uh, w-what is it? You're like dropping us off or something?"