Volume Two Chapter Three

Pyrrha faces off against team CRDL and she dominates the team in the audience are the Teams REDS, RWBY, as well as Mercury, Emerald, and Lila in the crowds. Rei brings a hand up to his chin muttering to himself.

"Her polarity will be a problem should we face her in the Vytal Festival Tournament, though for me that's avoidable I just have to use my bow and arrows along with the wires. Erin would have the most trouble against her..."

Erin sighs leaning back as Sky Lark is defeated. "She definitely is a bit of a problem in a fight from what I'm seeing though she's unbeatable at short range, so keeping a distance is my best chance at beating her."

"I shouldn't have a problem beating her. Rei and his bow can be of use as well as Sky's fire, but you'd would be dead weight against her." Dusk responds leaning forward watching intently.

Sky ignored the main premise of their conversation. "She's really giving it to them. Go Pyrrha!"

Pyrrha would go on to win the fight with Cardin calling it a lucky shot.

"Well done miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

Pyrrha bows respectfully. "Thank you, Professor."

"Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers? Mrs. Belladonna, Mr. Eclipse. You've both been rather docile for the pass few classes.  Why don't you..."

"I'll do it." Mercury Black speaks up with a grin.

"Mercury, is it? Very well let's find you an opponent."

"Actually, I wanna fight... her." He points to Pyrrha.

"Me?"

Rei leans towards Dusk. "This'll be interesting some info on Mercury might be useful."

"I'm afraid miss Nikos has just finished a match, I'd recommend you choose another partner."

"No! It's fine. I'd be happy to oblige."

(Just go watch the episode I'm not writing their fight)

Rei watches closely. "So his specialty is kicks and speed. That means Long range will have to be leading against him in a team fight and close range its best to have weapons that revolve around moving around him without going into a physical attack. So Erin can be useful against him as well as my glyphs. Sky's fire and Dusk's smoke are all good against him he's probably easier to beat than Pyrrha cause my sword would be useless against her."

"I forfeit."

Pyrrha gasps before responding to his choice. "You, don't even want to try?"

Mercury shrugs. "What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart."

Erin leans over. "I smell bullshit."

Rei scoffs. "It's obvious he was studying her to figure out what her semblance was as well as figure out her fighting style."

"He's obviously not taking her seriously as if he knows he's better than her as well." Dusk glares at his soon to be teammate.

Glynda steps forward raising an arm. "In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match, again. Next time you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent."

Mercury grins. "I'll be sure to do that." Then the class bell goes off alerting Blake.

"That is all for today. Remember the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission this Monday. I will not accept any excuses."