Volume Two Chapter Two

The teams sit in Professor Port's class doing their own things, Rei sits silently coming up with designs for upgrades for his sword and Bow, Sky sleeps quietly next to Rei, Erin tries his best to stay awake listening to Port's lecture his head propped up by his hand. Dusk is taking notes despite having his headphones in, the notes he's taking has nothing to do with class, their notes on Dust robberies happening throughout Vale and their radius, next to him is Weiss who looks to be looking at a clock not paying any attention to the class around her when Jaune approaches her.

"So Weiss, you know Uh, I was thinking that after this class, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. And... then maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, your smart and I'm a, you know..." Jaune would've kept going but the alarm went off, Weiss immediately stood and started to walk away from Jaune. "Weiss did you hear me?"

"No, no, no, yes. " She hastily replied walking away. Team REDS walked by. Sky patted Jaune on the back. "One day."

Dusk sighed as he separates from the group. "I'll be " back."

"Where are you going?" Rei asks.

"To speak with Rai."

"Aren't they supposed to leave in a few minutes?"

"Yes." Erin mutters.

"Well, let's see them off."

Meanwhile in the city of Vale, Duke & Cassidy are seated together in a private room both with cups of tea.

"Nice to see you're alive captain." Duke grins at Cassidy who's taking a sip of his tea.

"Come on, you know to just call me Cass."

"Yes, yes, we need to talk."

"What about?"

"Our teams. I'm sure you've noticed it."

"Yes remember, most of our teams including STRQ suddenly vanished over the past fifteen years." Cassidy sighs his hands propped against the table. "First Raven goes back with her tribe, then Robin and Crimson  vanishes into thin air, then those two go missing."

"Yeah. And we haven't heard from Dim in almost four years. Let alone his son." Duke sighs. "How did we lose so many of our friends..."

"Couldn't tell ya. I heard rumors that Smoke"s in Anima looking for Spring."

"Spring as in his wife, or Spring the maid-"

"His wife. We don't need to mention the other. Wish I coulda stayed in Atlas. Unfortunately, I'm here cause of James."

"Oh? Do tell."

"James wanted to do a test run of s few prototypes Mr. Kai and I have been working on. A long range interceptor, minimal Dust required combined with a single pilot and a droid for bonus navigation, and a dropship that's far better designed than the Schnee ones from a few decades ago."

"Hah, sounds about right. Say, while you're here, care to join me on a mission?"

"What's the mission?"

"Ah, just a quick recon of mountain Glenn. Plan is, I'll take a team of first years there to go through some of the ruined buildings."

"Good luck out there but from Oz has told me, I would hope for one of three first-year teams."

"Oh. And which of teams shall I look for?"