Volume One Chapter Eight

"3..."

Team CRDL steps forward preparing to fight.

"2..."

Team REDS walk out of a locker room Rei, leading the squad, behind him Dusk, the Sky, and lastly Erin.

"1... Begin!"

The fight starts immediately with Cardin sending Russel and Dove first. Rei Jumps back and acts as support using suppressing fire by aiming for their feet as well as the joints in their armor. Allowing Dusk to get his smoke under the armor and start peeling it off. Erin joins the fight by rushing past the two shooting at the openings in their armor. Sky rushes the two still surprised from Erin's attack to notice her rapid approach she launches a blast of electricity into Russel and then jumps back and fires a blast at Dove eliminating Dove. Seeing his opening Rei fired a single arrow into his ear finishing Russel's aura. Having finished the first two, the team stare down Cardin and Sky. Sky Lark rushes at the team clearly agitated that his teammates lost to a girl. Erin and Rei stall his movements while Dusk uses the smoke coming off of Erin's guns to strengthen his own smoke before turning the smoke into a sword and quickly getting behind the "poor" boy upon seeing Dusk behind him, Sky fell back to the others allowing Dusk to slash Lark in an upward arc. Lowering his aura levels from perfect down to the yellow in one hit followed by Erin taking a few shots at the weak points in his armor as did Rei nodding at Sky who pulled back her hand and threw a blue ball of fire at Lark finishing off his aura in one hit leaving Cardin alone his cocky attitude rapidly fading he decided to rush Sky only to be met with a complete hurricane of arrows with wires cutting him off as well as bullets to limit his movement forcing him to dodge the arrows and the accompanying wires once he reached a closer range he was meet with a smoke screen and a big one at that.

"Routine Beta!" Dusk shouts out.

Upon hearing that the entirety of the team backed away from the smoke whilst Dusk kept the smoke screen around Cardin until Cardin couldn't move from all the wires blocking his paths and possible escapes.

Rei grins. "Backmask!"

Sky using her semblance superheats the air around her and launches three ball of fire into the Smoke igniting it into an explosion completely wiping out Cardin's aura in one hit. Surprising everyone, including Professor Glynda.

"Team REDS are your winners."

After the battle, Rei, Erin, and Sky were walking with team RWBY to the docks when a question was asked.

"What are we doing here?" Rei asks.

"The Vytal festival, oh this is absolutely wonderful." Weiss speaks elated as she watches people put together the festival.

"I don't think I've seen you smile so much. It's kinda weirding me out." Ruby glances to Weiss worriedly.

"I didn't think she could smile." Erin says standing behind team RWBY.

"I think it's creepy." Rei speaks his hands on his hips.

"How could you not smile. A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world. There will be dances, parades, a tournament. Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking." Weiss speaks, still awestruck by all the wrong things.

Rei sighs. "Way to ruin something fun."

Yang nods standing next to Rei. "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

Erin nods his head slightly. "You're not wrong..."

"Quiet you." Weiss shushes the group.

"Remind me again, why we're spending our day at the docks?" Rei and Yang both question.