Volume Two Chapter Nine

The following morning the team finally escape the underground, now in Forever Fall forest, Rei and the others walk in relative peace, the group has yet to complete their objective, fins the person responsible for all of this mess.

The group quickly make their way to a set of two pathways.

"Well, which way we wanna go this time? Or should we split again?" Oliver asks.

"We're searching for clues as to who did all this, I think it'd be best if we traveled both paths." Scarlet says.

"Okay, we'll switch partners this time. Scarlet, you go with Goldie down the left path, Oliver and I will travel down the right side."

The team agrees to the plan, and walk down their lathes. Scarlet & Goldie scout every insignificant detail looking for clues, however they find nothing, a few Grimm here and there, even an alpha Ursa.

Scarlet scoffs. "Didn't we beat these guys already?" She says as the Ursa roars at the pair.

Goldie glances around, coughing, spotting a few other Ursa watching as well. "Let's clear this place out."

"Yeah, we may not be alone." Scarlet says the pair swiftly do as necessary, meanwhile on the right path, Oliver and Rei explore a set of ruins, though these are in a much better condition than the ruins back in Mountain Glenn.

"Hmmm, it's probably no accident these columns are here." Oliver says.

"Oh look, a cleverly disguised jumping puzzle. Definitely feels like a puzzle! I love puzzles!" Rei says sarcastically.

Oliver sighs. "These ancient steps must lead somewhere."

The two easily make their way up the steps finding only a few Grimm along the top, which they easily dispatch, after abit nore travel both teams regardless of their path spot a massive tree, that keeps them separated.

"That tree is beautiful." Goldie says to Scarlet.

Scarlet nods, taking a look up trying to see the top of the tree. "That might be the biggest tree I've ever seen."

Rei steps forward analyzing the tree. "That's enormous."

Oliver nods. "Forever fall truly is beautiful."

The four walk around the tree and through an archway on either side, where almost in sync the two teams reunite. The four continue walking until encountering some of the sludge, Rei glances up before stepping towards a small ledge, just below a slightly open field, and inside, dripping with the radioactive sludge, is a Mutant Creep.

Oliver stares at the creep in somewhat surprise. "Oh! Another strange looking Grimm?"

Scarlet sighs. "Another green one. Uh, this is not a good sign."

"What's wrong with these Grimm?" Rei wonders.

"I've seen plenty of grimm but nothing quite like that." Goldie says, as Rei kills it with a quick arrow to the head.

"This is indeed concerning..." Oobleck states to the team. "Those mutated Grimm you fought in Mountain Glenn were no fluke. Now we know there are more of them. Follow those train tracks uphill and maybe we can find out where they're coming from?"

The group nod along swiftly traveling up the hill alongside the tracks, they easily defeat Grimm, and try to make as little noise as possible as to not alert a larger horde of them.

"Up we go!" Rei grins.

"Ugh, we gotta be close, I can feel it!" Scarlet says once their half way up the hill.