Volume Three Chapter Five

Flash Back

"So let me get this straight. You could've gone to anyone for help..." Erin sighs as Adam questions the person standing in Erin's tent. "You could've made a deal with a gang leader like the Vermilion's, paid off some huntsman that had strayed from their... Heh, "righteous path"."

"But instead... you chose to seek an audience with us." Erin speaks stabbing a knife into the table

"You're the ones we need. Your skill. Your ability to lead those beneath you. You are both exceptional men, Adam, Erin. And we've put a lot of thought into..."

Erin scoffs. "Then clearly your not the brightest of people."

"If you truly understood me, and my brother, then you'd know coming here was a mistake." Adam interrupts Erin.

"The White Fang is NOT an organization for hire."

"We're a force of revolution."

"No, we're a force of Equality, Adam."

Cinder stares at the pair, both resolute in their ideals. "I believe our plan will be beneficial for all parties involved. I have... an associate in Vale, he and I are working on a revolution that will bring equality of our own. But we can't do it without your forces. We need..."

Erin throws a knife past Cinder's head. "What you need is to leave." He glares. "You're asking my men to die for your cause. A damned, human cause. That is not an idea I plan to entertain."

Adam nods. "Or one I am willing to entertain."

Cinder bows to the pair respectfully. "Very well."

"What was that about." Blake asks entering a tray of tea as Cinder leaves alone.

"Nothing. We need to be ready, got word from our boss that the three of us are hijacking a train tomorrow. So let's finish preparing."

Adam nods. "The train will be here at dawn."

"Blake a word."

Blake nods. "Sure thing." The pair walk away from Adam, Erin ensuring none of the others hear the pair walk a bit further into the forever falls forest.

"So, we've agreed on this?"

Blake nods. "Yeah. Tomorrow."

"Understood." Erin turns back starting to walk back to camp. "Now let's go get ready."

As Erin and Blake split up we see a young girl with a cattail watching them from the background.

Flash Back End.

Erin sits in shock, as he watches Yang win the match against Mercury, then moments later, she looks at him as he extends a hand and breaks his leg.

"Emerald..." He mutters for a moment.

Flash Back

Duke and Qrow run in the direction that they saw a storm brewing and knew it was unnatural.

"Amber." Qrow mutters.

"Qrow." Duke says, as he watches his friend transform next to him and fly faster than he can to the location.

After running for a few minutes to get to her location they saw a green-haired girl and a grey-haired boy holding Amber back while a woman with black hair and in a red dress looked to be siphoning her Maiden powers with a Grimm.

"Get in there I'll get autumn, you need to go faster."

"Right." Just then Qrow jumped in and cut the Grimm off of Amber's face as Duke kicked the boy away from her and the girl had already jumped back her self. The girl with black hair then set off a symbol beneath them and they jumped out of the way before an explosion went off when Duke looked to see the kids they were gone the same with the woman.

"Damn they got away." Arrow mutters.

"We need to get her to Oz and Ironwood."

Qrow nods as they start running Duke looks around for the assailants.

Flash Back End.

Duke recognizes these symptoms and stands from his seat in an office with Winter and Mera.

"Damn it! That kids one of them!"

"What?" Winter asks.

"Yang Xiao Long Stand down!" An Atlas soldier runs up to Yang and aims their rifles,

"Yang, let's go." Rei says as he arrives on the arena he places a hand on her shoulder.

"What..." Her eye's widen Yang then looks at a nearby screen to see what everyone else saw.

"Mercury!" Emerald shouts reaching Mercury's side.

"Why'd she do that?! Why'd she attack me?!"

Rei's eye's widen as he holds Yang back."Oh shit..." in that moment he knew.

This was a set up, and he couldn't do anything about it. Just then two Paramedics arrive despite what

"Can you do something?"

"We need to get this boy to a hospital. Grab a blanket."

"You don't understand! He attacked me, I swear!" Yang protests.

Chapter End.