Volume Four Chapter Five

Seagulls call as a ship moves over peaceful blue waters. Passengers stroll across both the upper and mid decks.

Blake Belladonna rests her hands on the rail and stares out at the ocean. She blinks and looks over her right shoulder, somewhat startled. Two kids laugh over a joke. Blake almost smiles and turns to look back at the ocean. Standing near the front of the ship, Canary stares out into the sea.

"Traveling alone?" The captain of the ship says standing behind Blake.

Blake jumps and grips the hilt of Gambol Shroud. She halts her action when she sees the captain of the boat.

The Captain hold up his hands in a reassuring manner. "Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat."

Blake hesitates before relaxing her posture with a roll of her eyes. "And why is that?" She asks.

The Captain lowers his arms and then twists to lean idly onto the rail.

"Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories."

Blake turns away from the Captain. "Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone... even if they're friends don't want them to be." Her head turns toward Canary who's walking towards the pair.

The two kids run behind Blake laughing and she gasps again, not expecting the noise behind her. She turns and blinks at them trying to reset her calm. Canary sighs watching her from his distance.

The captain laughs. "Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt."

"Who says I'm paranoid?!"

"No one, dear, no one. I'll leave you be." The Captain turns and walks away, then stops. "But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring." The Captain continues on his way and Blake stares after him b3ford turning away.

"She's not alone, but she is a walking ball of angst." Canary says standing next to the captain who stops when he speaks.

"You're her friend?"

"One of them. Trust me, she's... thickskulled." Canary walks forwardOnce he's gone, she turns and looks at the ground for a few seconds before reaching up and undoing her bow.

She holds the ribbon out over the railing. "Won't be needing this." She mutters. Blake lets go and watches the ribbon swirl in the air once before landing on the water. Canary stands next to her and watches the ribbon floating away.

"Yeah, you won't need that where we're headed." Canary chuckles. Blake rolls her eyes and the pair walk away from the edge of the boat.

As they enter the interior of the ship, a hooded figure is shown to be watching from a distance.

Beside the ribbon on the ocean, the large scales of a sea creature are seen moving just above the surface. After they pass, the ribbon is gone.

Canary sighs after dealing with Blake in the morning he went to take a nap, when he awakens the day has already become dusk, and the boat continues its journey on the smooth water. There is still peaceful bird cry. Blake is once again on the middle deck looking out at the ocean. A Faunus couple walk behind her and she watches them, slightly less twitchy than before. Canary exits his room and sighs seeing her stare out into the ocean.

It's when she's about to leave that she senses she is being watched by someone on the upper deck. It's the hooded figure, and she immediately takes out Gambol Shroud.

"Who's there?!" She looks around, Canary leans against the wall watching her.

The hooded figure turns and runs for it, blonde hair somewhat visible beneath the hood. Blake stares up at the deck, no longer watching the ocean. She does not notice the dorsal fins of a giant sea creature momentarily surface. However, she feels the boat rocking on the wave it created and lets out a grunt as she tries to keep her balance.