Volume Two Chapter Twelve (Volume End.)

The following morning Rei stands in an elevator, instead of going down, he's headed up. When the doors open he's met with Ozpin, Glynda, Duke, and Ironwood. The four standing together as Rei approaches he grabs the letters from 'Salem' and hands them to Ozpin directly.

"Sir, with all due respect to you four, you sounded panicked when I mentioned these letters." Rei holds onto a single letter. "If Merlot is working with a partner, I'd like to help in anyway I can. Please, who is Salem?"

"Salem is someone far out of you league currently." Duke says combing through one of the letters.

"Sir, if I'm to convince Master Ferrari in helping any battle against this Salem person, I need a basic rundown, nothing to deep, just enough that I can convince Master they're a threat."

The four adults exchange glances, seemingly speaking without actually speaking. Before with a sigh Ozpin stands.

"Tell me, Rei, what's your favorite fairy tail?"

"Fairy tail?" Rei asks. "Well, if I had to pick... either The Girl in the Tower or the Maiden's tale."

Ozpin hums in response, everyone glances to Ozpin before turning back to Rei. "What if I were to tell you that the maidens were real."

"Would explain some stuff about the world."

"Oh, you're not surprised?"

"Honestly, a bit." Rei glances to the group. "Don't mistake me, the maiden story sounds like a dumb children's story, both of them do, I haven't heard or remembered many of them in years."

"What do you recall from the maidens tale?"

Rei takes a breath, wiping some of his hair out of his face. "Uhh, well, if I'm correct... an old reclusive man, refuses to leave his house, and is one day visited by four sisters. The first, is a palish reclusive, flowing white hair and white with icy blue gown, she understands his reclusive nature so to speak, urges him to use the time to reflect on himself and his actions." Rei glances around the room several of them glancing between themselves. "The second, a warmer girl, but still holding onto a bit of the reclusiveness also seen in her icy sister, wears greens and bright colors, she brings the man fruit and seeds, and flowers helping to revitalize his aged and dying garden. The third sister, an aged beauty, convinced the elder man to finally exit his home, herself giving the man a nice warmth, almost like a nice summer day. And the fourt sister, wearing browns and oranges similar to the leaves during autumn, she urges the elder man to think of everything, and be grateful, give thanks to everyone and everything around him, whether it be the people he's met in the past present or future." Rei looks down still thinking about the tale. "In return for their acts of kindness and goodwill, the older man shares with these maidens incredible power, so that they may forever be of help to others around remnant. The four sisters graciously accept, and promise to share their gifts with the people of remnant until the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. The Four Maidens." Rei looks to the others. "If that story is true... then there are four maidens out in the world, I'd assume this... Salem person is a woman... she's either a maiden, or is trying to control them."

"Heh, he's a got a head screwed on tighter than that dusty old crow does."

"Everyone has that Duke." Ironwood corrects.

"Salem is a powerful woman, she and I have battled back and forth for ages. We in this room are the protectors of this world. And if you wish to join us, this will have to stay a secret."

Rei closes his eyes thinking on this information. "General, would it be beneficial if Dusk also knew?"

"It would, but I'm waiting until he graduates to inform him."

"Okay, I won't inform anyone of my classmates." Rei takes a deep breath. "If all of this is true, which I'm assuming it is... why hide this?"

"From what we understand... this use to be common knowledge." Glynda says.

"I see, in order to protect the maidens from attack their existence was buried, turned into a fairy tale, meant to keep it known, but never would the people who have the powers be known by the general public. Less they be attacked by the common criminals, like Spiders."

"Or. The Vermilion's." Duke says.

"The Vermilion's?"

"You're little gang has attacked the Maiden's in the past. It was just before the Great War, the leader the gang was a puppet for Salem, before he was ousted by his right hand, that man is General Ironwood grandfather." Duke speaks. "Your current leader, Cyril Ferrari, was his best pupil ever. Just as you and that Scarlet girl are Cyril's best."

"I see..." Rei looks to the General. "General, may I request that upon your return Atlas after the Vytal Festival you accept Master Ferrari's request for negotiations. The reason so many Vermillion's entered into Atlas this year, is because many of the current young guns of the gang wish to ensure that if the family goes like it did when we were kids, we can send the young to Atlas to be guarded until it's over."

"You wish to legitimize the family by aligning with the state?"

"We'll be your eye's and ears where the machines and soldiers can't get to. Unlike your soldiers, we can get in contact with the other crime families, we can sneak around the darkness for you. Think of us as Atlas' undercover cops. That is what my generation is asking, or rather, what Master Ferrari wishes. If the family is legitimized, he'll step down, and the leader of the crimson squad will be elevated to the position of family leader, that would be me."

"Yes, I'm aware."

"If I'm part of this... secret war, as leader of the family, I can ensure that the Vermilion's won't become her puppets, and I can bring early warning from any attack."

Ironwood sighs, himself being sold on Rei's commitment, and thoughtfulness.

"Let me ensure you I won't turn. This is known as a pact of blood, a Brothership being formed, in the underworld when two criminal families come to an agreement, the leaders of the family cut their hands and make a pact by shaking them, if the pact is broken by either side, the person who broke said pact must commit suicide." Rei cuts his hand with a knife he keeps on him no matter where he is, and extends the bleeding hand forward. Ozpin steps forward grabs Rei's knife he cuts his own had, before shaking bloody hands with Rei.

"Go get healed, then head back to your team, you'll need the rest." Ozpin orders, Rei nods walking out the door and to the elevator. Ozpin turns around and nods to his colleagues, who begin rifling through the letters from Merlot & Salem.

Meanwhile, Ambrose sighs as she stares at a picture, one of team REDS. Sky's face is crossed out, Erin's face is smothered in horns and devil imagery, with a large red WF over his body, and a red bloody heart wrapped around Dusk & Rei, the smile on the pair's faces mirrored only by the ever growing crazed smile on hers. "Oh the things I'd do to have you two again." She mutters before the picture suddenly lifts itself into the air and flies into the hand of an older boy.

His hair a dark black, his eyes a deep royal blue. He stares at the picture or rather at Rei in particular. He hums quietly.

"Give it back." Ambrose glares at the man, furious.

He scoffs as his gaze lifts to Ambrose. "You're not fit to date my little brother." He turns away dropping the photo on the ground, as using a glyph he hovers out of the room.

That same night Adam Taurus kicks over a chair sitting down he sighs grabbing a book he reads it, muttering words from it, every so often. "You three... we'll be a family again, just like then." Adam sighs preparing to close the book he grabs the bookmarked he's using, a picture on it, the faces are seen, a black haired, cat girl, a green haired tiger, a blonde dark skinned chameleon boy, and himself, the bull Adam Taurus. "Just like the old days." He closes the book and steps out of the tent barking orders as the same picture can be seen in another jacket. One being worn by a Beacon academy student... Erin Eclipse.

Chapter End.