Volume Five Chapter Nine (Volume End)

Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long are shown facing off against Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black. The sisters switch positions and leap forward to take on their opponents. Yang knocks into Emerald while Ruby takes on Mercury. He uses Talaria to kick Crescent Rose out of her hands.

Mercury chuckles speaking sarcastically. "Uh oh, what're you gonna do now?"

Mercury tries to throw a left cross, but Ruby ducks and headbutts him upwards - in a similar manner to what Ozpin taught her what to do. Mercury steps a few feet backwards and holds his nose in pain, before growling at Ruby.

Ruby glares at Mercury picking up Crescent Rose. "Whatever it takes to shut you up."

Meanwhile, Weiss Schnee occasionally uses a glyph to attack Leo from range. Nora Valkyrie is seen holding Magnhild up defensively protecting Jaune Arc, who is still healing Sky Grimoire.

"You guys doing okay?" Nora asks.

"I- I think so. She's coming to. I just wish this would go faster." Jaune says.

"How about you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your Semblance when you did." Weiss says.

Jaune's eyes widen. "My Semblance?"

"How else do you think you're healing her, dummy?"

Jaune stares back at her in disbelief before looking back down at Sky. "No. I don't think I'm healing her. Our Aura heals our bodies. It feels... it feels more like I'm using my Aura to amplify hers!"

"Wait, aren't you worried about running out?"

"Pyrrha once told me I've got a lot of it. I still believe her." Jaune says solemnly.

Suddenly, Sky opens up her eyes, stirring. "Jaune?"

Nora smiles before standing guard again. Meanwhile, Lie Ren is seen taking on Hazel Rainart, who punches the former back into the wall. Hazel then launches an electrical charge from his lightning-Dust enhanced arm, electrocuting Ren, causing him to scream in pain before falling to the ground.

"Ren!"

"Go! I've got her!" Jaune says Nora nods at him before proceeding forward.

"Jaune... what's happening?"

"You took a heavy hit, you need to stay with me while the others fight."

"That's..." Sky takes a few moments, before sighing. "...A little annoying."

Jaune chuckles smiling. "Heh, good to have you back."

"She's not wrong." Weiss says.

Meanwhile, Qrow Branwen is seen getting knocked back into the wall and then falls to the ground next to the downed Ren, who struggles to get back up as well. Oscar Pine uses The Long Memory to block flaming rocks being fired from Stalwart. Hazel charges forward and punches Oscar several feet back.

"Hiding behind the face of a child? A monster like you must be stopped!!"

Nora charges at Hazel with a loud battle cry. She leaps into the air, but Hazel catches Magnhild and slams Nora into the ground. Hazel then grabs Nora's head, electrocuting her with his lightning Dust-enhanced arm. She screams out in pain.

"How many more children must die for you?!" Suddenly, Nora grabs Hazel's wrist. "Huh?" Nora, inadvertently enhanced by Hazel's electricity thanks to her Semblance, stands back up and flips him over her shoulder. He rolls back several feet away. Nora then holds Magnhild up defensively, before Ozpin gets her attention.

Ozpin turns to Nora. "His Semblance... he can block out pain. It's how he is able to handle injecting so much Dust into his body. Or the loss of a limb."