Volume Three Chapter Three

"Emerald and Mercury of Haven versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!" Port states from his booth with Oobleck.

"Give 'em hell Yatsu." Erin cheers.

"Good luck Coco!" Dusk shouts.

Rei joins the group, yesterday's conversation still weighing on him, very, very clearly.

"Good luck you guys!" Sky cheers.

"Three, two, one, begin!"

"What the hell..." Rei mutters noting of Emeralds true strength.

Erin glances over. "You saw that too?"

"Her semblance?" Dusk asks.

"Yeah, it seems she can cause illusions that target one or two people at the maximum."

"And Mercury seems to be a master of close-range combat."

"So both will be problems if not kept in check." Dusk leans back.

Rei sighs. "We should get ready."

"You're right were up next."

As the teams go to the waiting area Rei sees two of his friends from Mistral "Crystal?! Coal?! Guys, it's great to see ya."

"Rei?! How've you been man?" Crystal says, her diamond white hair flowing down her back.

"Oh you know. Same as usual."

"Violent and... wait, where's Scar?" Coal grins his black and red hair shaggy and messy, wet either from sweat or water.

"Scar's seated with Sky and Erin right now."

Coal pats Rei on the shoulder. !Well good luck out there."

"Do you know who you're facing out there."

"A pair named Glossy and Rai."

"Oof, that'll be tough." Dusk says drawing their attention to him. "Glossy's got a strong semblance, ad Rai will only amplify hers."

"Ok, one How do you know this and two who are you?" Coal asks.

Rei steps between them. "First, I and he have been trained by them alongside our team, secondly he is my teammate 'Daniel'.

"Alright then well good luck out there." Crystal smiles hugging Rei before walking off to go get ready.

Dusk grins after the pair walk away. "You're lucky Sky wasn't here to see that."

"You're not wrong, anyways are ya ready to win?"

Dusk grins as they enter the waiting room. "You bet."

After around fifteen, the two enter the arena, awaiting their opposition.

"Rei Ferrari and Daniel Keith of Beacon versus Gwen Star and Heather Brown of Shade!"

Rei bows respectfully. "Good luck you two."

Gwen glares at Rei, her blue hair pressed to her forehead. "Please, luck is for the weak."

Dusk raises his sword. "Then you'll definitely need it against us."

Rei steps behind Dusk muttering to his partner. "Dusk, Played."

Dusk grins, popping his shoulders. "Alright then."

The fields around the group of four were decided the two behind Dusk and Rei were Jungle and Forest and behind the girls were a desert and an ocean.