Volume Four Chapter One

Two sets of footsteps can be heard in the dark of night, one of them walking on the ground, the other leaping from tree to tree following closely behind the first. The two quickly make their way to a clearing, they overlook a burning village, the elder of the two, a young man with black pants, a red vest, and a black button down shirt, stares at the village with sorrow. One of his eyes covered he glances back to his partner, a young girl with black and red hair, silver eyes, and flowing red cape.

"Ruby." He mutters. "There isn't much we can do."

"But we have to do something." She responds.

"Fine, We'll save as many as we can." He says.

Suddenly the screeching of two Nevermore's is heard, flying overhead, Ruby watches the pair fly towards the town, Rei on the other hand leaped up at just the right moment, using the second one, along with his semblance he forces them to slam into each other. Crashing into the village, he quickly decapitates them, a dark red substance flowing from his back, quickly retracts inwards. A moment later Ruby joins him destroying a statue. The two stand back to back surrounded by Beowulf's. The two spring into action easily destroying the pack Beowulf's, the two quickly leap upwards, standing atop a church tower, Rei's blood springs from his back, forming a large curbed blade, similar to Ruby's scythe that cuts the moon in half from the perspective of the only remaining foe left, a lone Berengal. The gorilla type foe, puts up a harder fight than all the others, though it's no match for the pair working together, Rei's glyphs give Ruby all the advantage she needs to easily defeat the foe.

"Well, that went better than expected." Rei mutters.

"Yeah."

Rei then opens his scroll a call from the rest of the team.

"Ruby, we saw smoke!" Jaune says worriedly, though he ignores Rei.

"Heading your way." Ren says.

"Don't start without us!" Nora cheers happily. Soon after water drops all around the city, and Sky lands next to the pair.

"Seriously, you two need to stop going off without me."

"Sorry, Sky." Rei chuckles. The three all ready for battle, this was their toughest fight for the last few weeks.

Days later, Sky sighs, herself walking alongside Nora, and Ren towards Jaune, the team awaiting the arrival of the two team leaders.

"I'm just saying, there's more members of JNPR in this team than RWBY or REDS.it just makes sense to go with that one." She explains.

"But JNRRRS, isn't a color."

"Ugh, how can I be more clear! One, two, three!" She points to herself, Ren and Jaune. "That's more than Ruby's one, and Rei and Sky's two."

"But we're helping Ruby & Rei with their objectives. Wouldn't that make them the leaders?"

"It's why I'm advocating for RRNJRS." Sky continues Ren's line of thought.

"Guys." Jaune says, the others all turn to him. "We need to focus." Everyone remains silent. "Also, JNRRRS is way cooler."

"Exactly!" Nora shouts.

"It's only 'cooler', cause Jaune is the first letter. I'd rather be a ranger than a junior."

The ground then rumbles gathering everyone's attention. "It's here." Jaune mutters with a glare.

Shooting out from the tree line f a cliff, is Ruby, Rei leaps out just behind her, his back erupts with the blood he's become quickly adept to using, forming wings strong enough to give him flight, he catches Ruby and helps her land. The monster then lands in the forest beneath them, as Rei flies about getting Ruby down to the others. The fight continues, now including the others, Sky sighs, dragging her left palm across the floor she then swipes with it, launching ice towards the monster she quickly incases it in ice, Rei then speaks to them through his earpiece.