Volume One Chapter Seven

Rei sighs, turning back he speaks to his team. "So what are we doing here?" He asked as he kept walking into the forest of forever falls.

"Professor Peach asked the students to collect sap from the trees." Sky speaks up carrying two jars for herself.

Erin grumbles. "Great were errand kids again. First, our team was sent to capture Grimm for Port now all the first years are gathering sap." He responded, carrying empty jars for everyone

Dusk remained silent as he watched Cardin drag Jaune away from the others while Jaune looked regretful. "I need some fresh air." Dusk silently walked away towards Cardin & Jaune.

Rei, sighed as Dusk walked away handing jars to the other members of his team.

Dusk followed Jaune and watched as they made him do everything for them. "I swear to god I'm going to mop the floor with him during our sparring match, tomorrow." Dusk was brought out of his thoughts by the sight of Cardin covered in tree sap "Hm. Suits him."

"Oh, you've done it now Jauny boy." Cardin threatens Jaune. Cardin and his team start to beat on Jaune when Cardin picks Jaune up to punch him a bright light emits from Jaune blinding all of them.

Dusk: covers his eyes. "Damn that's bright."

Jaune glowed white and when the light died down, he was on the floor and Cardin was holding his wrist that's when they all saw an Ursa arrive

Shit. I should step in... but I really want Cardin to get the shit beaten out of him. No, I can't let him die I can't, however, I'll let Jaune deal with it, if he's about to die then I'll step in. Dusk thinks to himself, placing a hand on his sword he prepares to jump off but stops.

Dusk did just that as the "fight" proceeded he saw Rei, Sky, Pyrrha, Ruby and Weiss all watching. Dusk also noticed that as Jaune was about to die Pyrrha "tinkered with fate" as he put it and used polarity to save him.

So that's her semblance huh can't wait to spar with her. Dusk grins thinking to himself.

Earlier, Rei and Pyrrha watched Cardin drag Jaune away and Dusk say he needed fresh air and walk in the same direction. Rei shrugs handing jars to his teammates as well as the rest of the class with them. After completing their goal, Rei wandered with Sky after the duo finished gathering their sap they were walking alone. The Rei keeps his eyes glanced in different directions before he extends a hand drawing his bow he takes aim as three bears surround the pair. He smirks and glances to Sky. He launches an arrow directly into the eye of one of the bears, he leaps back, just in time as Sky swipes her hand across the ground and in doing so, the ice forming swallows a few trees along with the two remaining bears.

"Threats cleared. Let's head back." Rei grinned.

As the duo got back to the group they saw the rest of team CRDL without Cardin running yelling "Ursa!" From the same direction that both Jaune and Dusk went.

Rei grumbled. "Damn..."

Pyrrha, Ruby, Weiss, Sky, and Rei ran towards the direction, once they arrive they find Jaune trying to fight it off and almost dying just as Rei was going to jump in Pyrrha used her semblance to save Jaune's life.

"What just happened?" Ruby asked.

Pyrrha: Well you has her speed, Weiss and Rei have their glyphs, my semblance is polarity.

"You can control poles." Ruby states, not knowing what she meant.

"No you dunce she has magnetism."

"Magnets are cool too..."

Rei glances to the trio. "Hey guys, how about we keep this our little secret."

"Why?" Weiss asks.

"A little bit of confidence for Jaune." Rei shrugged.

"I agree with Rei." Pyrrha nods.

The group all walk away ignoring the presence of Dusk watching them, allowing Jaune his moment.

Chapter End.