Chapter 23: Just Another Day II

(F/N) POV

(F/N): "So you read my note... you're willing to give me a chance." She looks at the ring on her index finger, Ruby smiled but my attention was taken away from it as I saw her cloak change from red to white.

Summer: "I'm sorry."

She slowly turned to ashes, the ring fell and bounced off the ground. The shock of it being a dream woke me, I sat up in my bed and looked at my hands, they were shaking in fear, in worry.  I got up to take a shower, turning the water to as hot as possible and continued to look at my hands while the water steamed and poured over me. After I had washed up I got dressed in my adult form and went to RWBY's dorm room, quietly I made my way in and went over to Ruby's bed, only to find the ring and note gone. That was until I heard someone move behind me and jump down from her bed, Yang. Without saying a word she grabbed my arm and led me out of the room, all the way to the roof where she took out the ring and note.

Yang: "There something you want to say?"

(F/N): "I'd like the ring and note back."

Yang: "Why?"

(F/N): "I don't need to explain myself, why are you even awake at this time?"

Yang: "(F/N)... was this ring really meant for Summer?" I looked into her lilac eyes, it was like her soul wanted to know.

(F/N): "Yes, and if she had it she might still be alive. That's why I was going to give it to Ruby, whether or not she wanted to be with me." She opens the note and reads from it.

Yang: "Ruby, the ring I'm giving you was supposed to be Summer's, meant not only to protect her but show my love for her. I want you to have it, not as a proposal but as a means to protect yourself, I know she would want you to be safe. But if you'd give me a chance, as in a date, then I'll be waiting at the courtyard in front of the statue. Sincerely (F/N)." She looks back to me. "Why do you want to date her?"

(F/N): "Because... it's something she said 'you don't have to fall for someone to give them a chance'... I don't feel love for Ruby and I don't believe she feels anything for me but... if she's willing to give me a chance, I'm not going to waste it." She nods before handing me the ring.

Yang: "If you break her heart-"

(F/N): "You'll break my face." She starts to leave, I looked at the ring. "Yang." I look at her, she turns back. "Thank you. If... you ever want to talk about them... just ask."

Yang: "I think you have bigger questions to deal with right now. Good night."

(F/N): "Yeah, good night."

Till the sun broke over the horizon I stayed there thinking, once I started to see students walking around I got up from the edge and went inside. I wandered through the halls, passing students but not hearing a thing they said, I went to the cafeteria and saw the others but didn't feel compelled to run over to them. I looked over to Velvet and asked if I had failed the Faunus, I looked to the professors and asked if I was wrong about Ozpin, and lastly I looked to Ruby. I took out the ring and went over to her, she was eating pancakes with strawberries on top, I sat next to her.

Ruby: "Hey (F/N), aren't you going to get breakfast?"

(F/N): "Later... um... Ruby?"

Ruby: "Yeah?" I take the ring out. "Is that-"

(F/N): "The ring I was going to give Summer. I want you to have it, it... has extra aura in it for when you're in a pinch. Though Oz will have a problem if you use it in the tournament." Easier than explaining magic to her.

Ruby: "Thanks..." She takes the ring and puts it on her index finger. "Are you sure though?"

(F/N): "Yeah. Anyway, you all excited for the missions coming up?"