Chapter 28: Just Another Day VII

(F/N) POV

The Vytal Festival is currently underway, Amity Colosseum arrived to mark the occasion, with it the tournaments could begin. Tourists came to enjoy the fighting and fairgrounds in person, personally I just hovered around following the others till it was their time to fight. Once it was finally their turn I sat next to CFVY and JNPR as RWBY had their first match, something felt off to me, I somewhat wormed in my chair. Velvet noticed and asked if I was okay, I told her I was fine, that it could have just been from the elevation of the place. Amity Colosseum was built by the four kingdoms, a 'symbol' as Ozpin said it, of what they could do if they worked together.

To simply put it, they wasted resources on building a floating stadium to watch kids fight each other. Right now the kids known as Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang are kicking the other team's ass with their team attacks. Once it was over and they were announced the winners I left to go congratulate them with the others, the four of them hardly lost any aura in that match. But once I got to the entrance tunnel I caught sight of someone, Tai. I stepped back unnoticed while JNPR went up to them, I didn't want to talk with Tai, just seeing his face bothered me and I can guess why. Instead of congratulating them I took a ride on one of the passenger airships and left the colosseum. 

At the fairground I walked around, all the faces just blurred, there was nothing of interest, but I felt something strange at one of the stalls. At a ramen stall was a man eating through ten large bowls, he gave off an interesting aura, and even more interestingly I couldn't read his soul. There was no darkness or light, it had been some time since I found someone truly interesting so I approached him. When he noticed me he turned around, his black eyes met mine, they didn't read with any bad emotion, more intrigue if anything.

Man: "Can I help you?"

(F/N): "You're interesting." He placed his bowl on the counter then turned back to me.

Man: "I'll take that as a compliment, but is there something you need?"

(F/N): "You have magic, don't you?" It was just a guess, the closer I had gotten to him I felt something familiar come off of him.

Man: "The reason it feels familiar is because it is magic."

(F/N): "Wait! How did you-"

Man: "Divine of Death, ###." I heard nothing as he spoke his last word, though I felt an unbearable pressure nearly force me to the ground. "Apologies, I forget that normal people can't withstand the voice of the Divine." I looked around and saw people on the ground dead.

(F/N): "Who are you?" I tried not to let the fear that was forming slip out, before he responded he simply snapped his fingers and everyone was alright, as if nothing had happened.

Man: "There's no need to worry, I'm simply here to pass the time until he calls me."

(F/N): "And 'he' is?"

Man: "If I told you his name your ears would bleed again, do you really want that?" I shook my head. "I didn't think so." He paused for a moment to think. "I guess you can call him... the biggest pain a deity can know." Suddenly a frying pan came out of literal thin air and smashed into his head. "See?! That's what I'm talking about!"

(F/N): "Yeah... so... want to fight?" He looked at me dumbfounded.

Man: "You have a death wish."

(F/N): "Somewhat, yes."

Man: "That wasn't a question."

(F/N): "I know." He lets out a sigh, as if I'm annoying him.

Man: "You're not annoying me, you're just not going to be much of a fight."