Chapter 41: The Snowing Tracks I

(F/N) POV

Spending the night drinking seemed like the right thing to do. Not out of celebration, instead it was out of annoyance. Summer was on my mind and the more I thought about her the less I wanted to think. Drinking to the point of passing out was my solution even if it was risky, I was sure I could stumble my way back to the inn. Waking up to an unfamiliar ceiling and hard floor was the result, however. As I sat up I removed the large tattered fabric that attempted to be a blanket and checked for the relics. Thankfully, they were still on me. I looked around the room, up against the far wall was a sight to see, Blake. Seated with her knees to her chest and arms wrapped around them.

(F/N): "I take it you found me on the street." Blake's eyes slowly opened, aimed toward the floor.

Blake: "Last night I going home when you ran into me at full force. You fell on the ground and were passed out mumbling to yourself."

(F/N): "I see, probably seeing things, so how have things been?" The eyes she gave me were both confused and hinted at being offended. "Given the state of this place, I'm going to guess it hasn't been great."

Blake: "This..." She gazed around. "Used to be my home, before mom and dad past away."

(F/N): "I'm sorry to hear that."

Blake: "It's fine, that was a long time ago."

(F/N): "Long time ago." I mumbled the first part to myself. "So, are you staying here forever? Do you have a plan going forward?"

Blake: "I don't want to go back if that's what you're going to ask. I'll be staying here as long as I need to." I slowly nodded before going over to her and offering a hand. "What?"

(F/N): "That is the stupidest idea you can make, I know because I've made that idea before and since I feel like... repaying the kindness of letting me crash here, I'll do you a favor and do this." I took one of her hands and started dragging her towards the door.

Blake: "Wait! I said I didn't-"

(F/N): "This is going one of two ways, the first is you coming along and being quiet, the second is you coming along while kicking and screaming, either way, I'm dragging you back to Ruby and the others."

Blake: "But why, when it's better for me to be on my own?!" I stopped dragging her.

(F/N): "You do not know what is 'better' for you, and whoever gave you the right to believe what you said." I faced for her with eyes that once looked at things the same as her. "Should be shot and then told that they should listen to others."

My words were on the mark, though we went through different things like every other creature in the world, the feelings are mostly the same and the solution isn't always what we think it is. Sometimes you need to be dragged, yelled at, and at times shot for not snapping out of your own delusion. The people at Beacon dragged me, Ozpin arguably included. The past yelled at me for all that I had done and failed to understand. The one that hurt, there was a few, reality being the main culprit of the pain.

Blake didn't fight back after what I said and followed along. Maybe out of fear that I might be threatening to shoot her. On our walk, I couldn't help but notice the rundown look of the area, this was the slums of Mistral. It was going to be a long walk back to the top of the mountain city, back to the inn and the others. My hand stayed firmly attached to Blake's. I figured she would run because I knew I would do the same and deep down, now after all the booze and anger has left me, I feel what I long haven't, a strange need to fix things. While I cannot fix all the problems of the world, I can at the very least attempt to fix Ruby's team, and maybe by doing so, the voices that bugged me last night will leave me.