Chapter 34: The Journey III

(F/N) POV

The air between me and Ruby has gotten better. We both agreed that everything going on had just worn us both down and as a result of it we had let our anger out on each other. So a few days went by after Ruby gave me her answer and she finally called home. Her father had a few words but from the sound of it I could tell he was happy she was safe. Yang didn't answer her calls though and Tai didn't mention any improvement. Like I told Tai and Ruby, even with her arm back, it doesn't change what happened. There are some scars that don't disappear. But on a brighter note, there hasn't been a sign of my sister or her pawns. I hope that if we do cross paths, it's the one that killed Pyrrha. She got lucky, had we been literally anywhere else I could have killed her with a single word.

Ruby: "Hey (F/N)?" She called for my attention as we walked down the dirt road.

(F/N): "What is it?"

Ruby: "Is something on your mind? You look like you  were thinking about something."

(F/N): "It's about Salem. You don't need to be concerned about it."

Ruby: "Actually, I've been thinking about her. You still haven't told me much about what's going on."

(F/N): "There really isn't a right time to tell you everything, there's also nothing really to tell you except my life story. The only problem with that is most of it has little to do with Ozpin and Salem."

Ruby: "I'm still curious about it, I messaged dad but he only told me to not listen to you while you're drunk."

(F/N): "Ugh, who does he think I am? Qrow? I don't tell stories while I'm... okay he might have a point. Still, Tai can bite me."

Ruby: "And there's that, you told me about mom but you never really talked about dad."

(F/N): "That's because Summer had my attention. I didn't really pay attention to anyone else unless it was something interesting, like secrets."

Ruby: "Are there any secrets about mom's team?"

(F/N): "Hm, one or two I can think of at the moment, but not really."

Ruby: "Then can you tell me about them?"

(F/N): "Are you actually interested or is this just to pass the time?"

Ruby: "Why can't it be both?"

(F/N): "Fine, guess I'll start from the top. You're Summer, Blake is like Raven, Yang is Tai, and Blake is also Qrow."

Ruby: "Okay, maybe you could add more than just that?"

(F/N): "Alright, I'll add more. I'll start with Tai. I think I told you this before, that out of the four I got along with him the least. We didn't really have a common ground to work off of like the others. Heck, I enjoyed Raven's company more and she used to call me kid all the time."

Ruby: "I didn't think it was that bad between you. Dad didn't seem to have a problem with you back at the house."

(F/N): "It's not that we have a problem it's just... how do I explain it? We're like an ocean and a cliff. We go together, but we clash. Wait, that would be Raven and me."

Ruby: "Maybe a beach?"

(F/N): "Yeah, that's it. The two of us work together, people are fine around us, but they often forget we're two different things grinding against each other. Got to say I'm surprised. I didn't think you could come up with that."

Ruby: "Hey, just because you're ancient doesn't mean others can't come up with things."

(F/N): "True, it doesn't... not when so many years were wasted." I let a serious tone slip out, but went back to normal. "But that's in the past now. So yeah, me and Tai are just, different, but we still were around each other."