Abridgment Chapter 44: Argus & Altas

(F/N)'s POV

Waking up, the prier events stayed active in my head. I looked over to Oscar, who was getting dressed when he noticed, he started to look worried as if I might order him to suffer again. Restraining myself, I got out of bed fully and got ready to look for Qrow. Not that finding him would be hard, he's been at the bar, in the dining cart, for almost every day until he could barely find his way back to bed. With half a glass of whiskey still left, he sat slouched over in his own dread. I took the seat next to him but he didn't bother checking that it was me, he simply said I should go away.

(F/N): "Qrow, I am a monster. I'm not hiding that. I've done terrible things... but I've also done some good."

Qrow: "That kind of doesn't make up for it." He said with slight exaggeration and a slur. "What? Bringing Pyrrha back? Maybe you put flowers on Summer's grave? Hard to see any good when you..." He held his tongue, one of the bottles slipping out of the bartender's hands and smashing onto the floor. "If someone asked me to describe the worst person on Remnant, I wouldn't be able to tell if I was talking about Salem or you."

(F/N): "Yeah... burning the followers of Light was a bit much. And the Faunus. And the army of zombies. Starting a world war. Wearing socks with sandals." Qrow looked at me with a distorted face.

Qrow: "A joke?"

(F/N): "What do you want me to say? I can't change the past, only the future. So yeah, I tried to make a joke. If you can't laugh at the bad things in life you'll never live past them. You have to make it your own."

Qrow: "The only thing I want to make my own right now is another full glass." He chugged the rest of his drink. "Look, just give me some space, okay?" I laughed at that idea.

(F/N): "Because space is the answer... I would know." I waved my hand subtly, filling his glass with more whiskey. "So is drinking. It's not, Qrow. It's not. It was never the answer." Qrow was about to take a sip but put the glass down. "Why don't you go spend time with Ruby and Yang? Being around Raven, Oscar, or me, isn't going to help you. And neither will being alone with your space."

Leaving Qrow, I went to see Yang in her team's cart. She was sitting alone on the floor, looking at the arm that had been cut off, and didn't notice me enter until I shut the door. Startled, Yang jumped up and readied her fists until she realized it was me. I didn't look forward to this talk, mainly because I never wanted to give my powers to anyone, including Raven's daughter. Taking a seat against the wall, she sat back down.

Yang: "So... about Summer."

(F/N): "You want to know why you can see her?" Yang nodded. "I'd liked to as well. I don't know why I see her, I always thought she was an illusion."

Yang: "She seems real, that's how I feel anyway."

(F/N): "But Summer isn't why we're here." I point to her chest. "That soul of yours is. You have my magic in you, and the only time it could have possibly entered you was when I returned your arm."

Yang: "You're making it sound like I got a disease from you. Is it really that bad?"

(F/N): "Remind me what has happened to everyone who's had magic so far? They all died."

Yang: "Raven is alive."

(F/N): "Okay, she's an exception. Anyway, I'm giving you two choices, you can let me remove it from your soul, or you can learn."

Yang: "I can learn to use magic? Like Raven and Cinder did? That's... I don't know. I don't think I could do it."

(F/N): "Still bothered by your arm?"