Abridgment Chapter 46: Ascension

A land that became cursed, desolate, and vicious. That was the home and source of the Grimm, and it would be where the end began. Killing one of us is impossible, at least it would have been if it wasn't for the fact that our magic was actually unlimited. Had I not discovered this, I might have given Salem the last relic and given up. But knowing the truth, knowing that there were things hidden from us, told me there had to be a way to kill her and Ozpin for good.

Alone, I arrived at the castle she had built long ago. Through the empty halls, I walked to her location where I could sense her presence and the other relics. The doors were opened, peopled lied dead at the table Salem stood at the head of. The relics sat on it as she looked out the window. She turned around slowly, drops of blood were on her. She wasn't bothered by it though, she took a seat and leaned on the desk.

Salem: "Mortals truly are... foolish. They tried to use the Relic of Knowledge while I was gone." I stepped closer to the table. "I wouldn't get too close to the other relics with that. Isn't that right, Jinn?" The blue-bodied woman appeared from the lamp, at the side of the table between us.

Jinn: "If the relics are brought close together they will summon the Brother Gods, and they will not stand by while you two fight."

(F/N): "Fine, they want to show up again. Let them. They were going to be next after you two."

Jinn: "(F/N)-"

(F/N): "Shut it, Jinn. You have no place or right to speak here unless your next words are how to kill them." Jinn remained quiet.

Salem: "I must admit... you surprised me again. Letting them die."

(F/N): "And you surprised me by not using the Relic of Choice when you had the chance."

Salem: "Perhaps I should have, perhaps I wanted to know how you would manage to end this game as you said."

(F/N): "Then I will show you how."

I leaped onto the table and ran across it to strike her with the sword. Then the castle exploded. I thought that the sword's glow was from the fact that I had poured magic into it in preparations to destroy Salem, but it turns out Jade wasn't lying. The relics, being so close, caused a violent explosion of magic that destroyed the castle and made the tear in the sky clear for us to see. We stood up some ways away from each other, the relics were scattered across the ground.

A storm formed around the tear, but our attention was turned to the third person suddenly here. Ozpin, Oscar's body, which I had destroyed with the sword, was intact and slowly standing up. It was just like that time long ago, so it wouldn't be long until the tear opens fully and the last two show up. Salem bolted for the Relic of Destruction, I ran for the Relic of Choice. It may not work on her, but it would keep me free and able to use it like the ax it is. Ozpin, being his father's son, once he realized the current situation, went for the Relic of Creation.

The three of us were all stood ready, our eyes rapidly switching between each other. Ozpin didn't know magic was unlimited, so I made the first move to kill him again. I destroyed the ground beneath him with magic, hoping to catch him off guard. Instead, he created a pair of wings to take the fight to the air. He didn't hesitate to use the relic and created spears of light that rained down onto Salem and me.

While my sister protected herself with the dark slug of Grimm, I destroyed all the spears that I could. Then the meteors started to fall from the sky. Those didn't come from Ozpin. Salem used her relic to destroy a part of the moon and caught Ozpin from behind and above. Though I was in the line of fire as well. One of the bigger rocks kicked up a lot of dust and for a moment the three of us couldn't see a thing.