Chapter 30: The Fallen Angel

(F/N) POV

I awoke the next day and went to see Pyrrha, but was told by her team that she went to speak with Ozpin and that Jaune went with her. Leaving the matter be for the time I then went to see how Ruby and the others were doing, they had gone to breakfast, when I got to the cafeteria I could see the excitement on their faces. After eating we all went to Amity Colosseum to witness the finals, a large celebration which included a parade for the winner was prepared. Yang was completely excited for the upcoming fights, while Pyrrha seemed more like herself, she had spoken to Ozpin and made her decision after she spoke with her team.

Pyrrha: "The process was painful but I don't feel that different."

(F/N): "If it was done the proper way it shouldn't have hurt."

Yang: "Uh, what are you two talking about?"

Pyrrha: "Well, you see-" I step in front of her.

(F/N): "Butt stuff. Her and Jaune were experimenting."

Blake: "What?"

Nora: "Why does it feel like people say that a lot?"

(F/N): "What? Butt stuff?"

Nora: "No, I mean what."

(F/N): "What?" I playfully tease her.

Weiss: "Are you trying to change the subject?"

(F/N): "If I was trying to wouldn't I say something more believable?" She was about to say something when she took a moment to try and think of a response, but before the conversation could continue the finalists were called into the arena. "Looks like you're up, good luck."

The two head to the entrance tunnel and we head for our seats, there we saw them stand in line shoulder to shoulder as the announcer explained that the opponents would be picked at random and that the fights would go one right after the other. Once done explaining the extra details no one asked for holographic screens appeared above the outline of the arena, like a slot machine it spun through pictures of the final contestants, landing on two contestants I didn't know nor care about. Still, they fought well and after the first match it was Yang against another contestant I didn't know nor cared about, at least they were going to fight. The screens around the colosseum turned red with a black queen chess piece at center, a clear sign that Salem was involved.

Man: "People of Remnant." The loudspeakers echoed. "Know that this is for all the harm and injustice the faunus have faced, know that the time of humans is nearing its end."  The entire place shook, alarms rang out.

(F/N): "Bombs."

Blake: "The White Fang."

Coco: "We have to get to an airship." The place shook again as more explosives go off, I placed my left hand on one of the seats, a white glow appeared from my arm and spread to the area.

Velvet: "(F/N)?"

(F/N): "I can hold this place up, give me one of your scrolls and call when the place is clear."

Velvet: "What about you?" I create a set of wings on my back.

(F/N): "I'll be fine, go."

Though I could see the reluctance in her eyes her and the others did run for the airships like everyone else after giving me one of their scrolls. To make things worse I looked up when I heard the sound of a Nevermore, it landed on the forcefield covering the top of the stadium and started pecking it with its beak. I could see more flying Grimm appearing, with no message yet I had to choose whether to wait or to destroy them now, destroying all of them would cost me more magic than it was worth. The Nevermore broke through the forcefield and it was definitely looking at me. Cursing under my breath I stopped using my magic to hold up the stadium and went after it as more Grimm flew in.