Chapter 39: The Journey VIII

Third Person POV

To say that Yang was feeling better after leaving Patch would be to lie. Her sleep was considerately worse than it was before, not helped by the fact that she wasn't used to traveling by ship. Doing her best to conceal her emotions began to yield results, though the mute expression on her face was not as welcoming as her old smile. Dealing with the nightmares proved less fruitful and ended with her having to simply stay awake as many nights as she could. Passing the time required filling it with repeated workout sessions, mainly that of stretches, sit-ups, and whatever else she could do in her cabin. It was only a matter of time though, that she'd reach her limits and finally closed her eyes for a little too long.

A faint voice started echoing, an unfamiliar yet reminiscent cry of a child. Yang's eyes opened to a young girl crying over her, her hair was white as the snow that fell on it and her tears that fell onto Yang felt as cold as the snow as well. The little girl begged Yang, pleaded to her, to tell her why her mommy didn't remember her. Right as Yang was about to speak the girl was enveloped in a black aura before disappearing. Ada, accompanied by people Yang hadn't seen before, was revealed to be standing in front of her. The one that caught her eye the most other an Ada, whose presence only made Yang crawl backward, was a woman with pale white skin and blood red eyes.

Ada/????: "Don't be scared, you'll be with her soon."

As for Weiss, things were proving to be a challenge as few ships were leaving Atlas, seemingly a silent lockdown was in effect, with only diplomats or other important figures being allowed to leave. Ever since the fall of Beacon, things had been crazy at Atlas, with programmers and scientists working around the clock to prevent any more tampering with Atlas tech. As such, the government saw it just to limit the traffic between kingdoms, throttling it completely with the last group of students that came in. While Weis did come up with an idea to get out of the kingdom, it wasn't one she was a complete fan of, however, beggars can't be choosers.

(Timeskip as (F/N) approaches Summer, "Oh, you're approaching me? Instead of hitting on Raven you're coming right at me?" "I can't love the shit out of you without getting closer.")

Ruby: "There it is." She commented as her and (F/N) spotted the city of Mistral sitting along and atop a mountain. "I never thought I'd see it like this." She was about to continue walking when (F/N) grabbed her hand.

(F/N): "Ruby, we need to talk." She was about to ask him what was wrong when she noticed the seriousness in his eyes. "I need you to promise me something, something that may require you to do something you'd never do."

Ruby: "Is it about Ozpin?" (F/N) nodded.

(F/N): "Promise me you'll never listen to him, and that when the time comes, you'll strike him down for me." The young Huntress didn't expect that last part and took a moment to process it.

Ruby: "You want me to... kill Ozpin?"

(F/N): "No, no, I don't expect you to do that, knocking him out is more than enough." Ruby let out a sigh of relief. "So, do you promise?"

It was within that moment that a path of fate was set, with Ruby's words of promise a light of hope, though small, started to grow within the old soul. Finally, when they finally arrived and entered the city, both took in the surroundings. To (F/N) it was nothing like it was before, to Ruby, it was the first major city she had visited, not counting Vale for which she lived close to. Suddenly, (F/N) took her by the hand, they cut through any crowd and went up several flights of large stairs. Ruby asked where he was dragging her to, but by the time she asked they had already arrived. (F/N) let go and walked over to the natural lookout where one could see the height they climbed and the beautiful land running towards the horizon.