9.

[CATALINA'S P.O.V]

August walks into the class with whoever she is behind him looking very upset. I'd assume it was because he left his charger with me, but I can't really see how that would even begin to make her mad.

I can't shake the fact that being back home made me feel weird. It was scary to know someone was watching me. I wonder how much they knew about me? I wanted nothing more than to just talk to them and ask, but that isn't even an option. Another thing I couldn't help but wonder about was August and I.

Were we anywhere close to friends? Would we just act like we never got along yesterday? I feel like not knowing if we like or hate eachother just makes things awkward. Not knowing where the other stands is even more awkard and all that together makes you not want to talk to a person.

Considering the fact that he dind't sit next to me to annoy me only confirms where we stand. If he hates me he'd sit by me simply because his presence bothers me, but if we were friends he'd sit by me simply because he liked my presence. Maybe we've had enough of eachother for the rest of our time knowing each other.

"Good morning everyone." Ms.Marks stands infront of the class, late per usual. She sits her coffee down and turns to us. "I didn't work out anything special for today so we'll just freestyle this assignment."

As she continues to rammble about the different options she could make us do and why she won't, I doodle in my notebook in attempts to make myself focus on anything but August. It isn't until I hear my name that I look up at her.

"Catalina?" She repeats. "Would you like to be our first example?"

"Example for what?" I scoff.

"Just come here."

So I do a requested. It feels uncomforable standing infront of all the students in my class. Even more so when I have no idea why I'm up here.

"Now. I want all of you to think- when you see Ms.Delarosa what is the first word you think of? Maybe not the first but what do you think about her without knowing anything about her?"

I turn to look at her as if she was insane but she only shushes me before I can get any words out.

"Fine!" someone says and I turn to glare in the direction the comment came from.

"Okay.....deeper than that."

"Complex." August says as if he's so sure of it.

What makes him think he gets an opinion on me? In fact, what makes Ms.Marks think that any of these people get one. I know this is one of the silly group exercises she always does, but I didn't want to be apart of it.

"Would you like to elaborate?" she questions and I'm glad so.

"I feel like maybe she's two different people. The one we see and then there's one we don't see. Her head is all over the place....all the time." he continues and I hated that he always knew what he was talking about and how his words were always so put together. "Like she doesn't know what she wants."

He looks directly at me when he says the last part, like the whole class wasn't there and it was no longer an assignment.

"Okay, good." She rushes to write down the word complex on the board and sends me to my seat.

Then, Ms.Marks calls upon the nex unfortunate student for a reading and throughout the whole thing all I could do was stare August down from all the way across the class. Why doesn't he have so much to say about everyone else who goes up there. Was he trying to embarass me by having the whole class think I was an emotional wreck when that was not true.