Cycle 4: Chapter 45

I turn around so that I can lay my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beating, it's beating fast like mine. I smile as I listen to the rhythm.

I've never felt like this before, about anyone or with anything. For once in my life I don't feel like I have to keep my guard up to show how tough I am. I don't feel like I'm the only person who truly knows me. Even though he doesn't know how damaged I really am, but that's the beauty of it. With him, I don't have to be and he doesn't treat me as if I am.

I want to stay like this forever.

"Why are you so quiet?" He speaks lightly. "What are you thinking about?"

"When are you getting married?" I ask, seeing it as my only chance to. Only half way serious and just a little bit jokingly.

"Whenever you want to get married."

I laugh. "No. Seriously."

"I am serious. Well maybe not entirely, don't propose to me right now, my hair isn't even done."

"I would never!" I grin. "Especially since I don't even like you."

"I like you." He contradicts my statement with a chuckle. "I like you a lot."

"Well then you propose to me."

"I will. One day."

"When you do, make sure not too many people are around, because I have anxiety and I might say no because I'll think it's a prank."

"I'll keep that in mind." I feel the rising and falling of his chest as he chuckles.

I feel the rough, metallic feeling of my new necklace. I run my fingers over the letters just to feel the crystals scratch me a bit. I smile at the thought of it, it's so beautiful. I can't even imagine how much it might've cost.

"Thank you for my necklace. I don't deserve it." I say to him.

Really, I shouldn't have something so beautiful. I'm not even a nice person in all honesty.

"You deserve the world." He mumbles close to my ear. "and maybe I can't give it to you, but I'd love to try if you allow me to."

As soon as I start to speak, I hear someone banging on my door that causes me to jump up abruptly.

Ugh! Catarina.

"Catalina!" I hear Catarina's voice from the other side. "Are you in here?"

"Uhm yes. I'm coming." I speak frantically, taking a heavy sigh as I fall back onto the bed.

I hear Ashton snicker at my choice of words and I roll my eyes.

"We're about to sing happy birthday, but we can't sing it to the cake so hurry please."

They can just sing it to Christian instead. Despite him trying to pretend that it isn't his birthday as well.

I rush out of the room and down the stairs after fixing myself. It's so like her to ruin the moment.

I'm just glad that tonight is almost over with, and the only person who's attention will be on me tomorrow is the person I want.

********
"Oh snapppp!" Catarina's eyes widen when she sees me walk in the kitchen. "Who the hell iced you out?"

I laugh. "It was my birthday gift from Ashton."

"I see why you went to your room. I would've-"

"Oh wowww, Catarina, Language." Christian interrupts her, shuddering in disgust.

"Sorry." Catarina chuckles