24.

CATALINA

"So how can I help you?" I clear my throat, trying to play it cool as I step back into the house.

"I don't know, thought we were doing it your way." He shrugs.

Christian flops down on my couch as if he's been here before. Knowing him, I wouldn't be shocked if he has been in my house before. I can't underestimate him, that's for sure.

"We are." I try to maintain the same sarcastic and dull attitude I always have even though I'm freaking out on the inside.

"Look at how stinkin' cute you were." He remarks as he walks around looking at pictures of me from elementary school.

I roll my eyes. My heart is racing as he walks around calmly. You have no idea how it feels to be in the middle of a potential crime scene. The only two people who have the capacity to make me afraid want to kill each other and they're in the same house.

That house being the one I lay my head in every night. Not to mention the one my mother comes home to after a long shift at work.

I can't turn this into a blood bath.

"I know you didn't pop up to look at my mom's choice of interior design, sooo what do you want from me."

"Kindness and blind allegiance to me is what I want from you. However, that's not on the menu so I guess I'll settle for cooperation."

"I am cooperating." I roll my eyes.

"Anywho. I'm here because our mother is coming over. We're going to have a nice family dinner and you're going to be there." He says as if he just knows I won't object if he says so.

"What gave you the right!?"

I'm not ready to face her, and I'm definitely not ready to sit across from her at a dinner table and act like her son isn't a psychopath. I'm not that good of a liar.

"I don't know." He shrugs like it's not a big deal. "I felt like you needed an extra push."

"You don't even know me well enough to know what I need." My head tilts with a look of exasperation as I walk from the sofa towards the kitchen.

"I know but I didn't let you meet her for no reason. You might as well get to know each other." He follows me into the kitchen.

My nerves shake as he gets up, but I remind myself that he isn't psychic just psychotic.

Of course me meeting my mother wasn't just some luck coincidence. What are the odds that I've been working there every weekend for the past three years and I'm just now meeting her?

It's obviously one of Christian's manipulation games to toy with me. Does he think I should 'get to know her' so it'll hurt more if he threatens her life again?

It's always something with him.

If he knows we met then he knows that I've been talking to August.

"So..." he clears his throat and walks around the counter in circles.

It makes me uncomfortable as I stand in one spot and stare at him do so.

"Why'd you do it? Is this one of your plans to ultimately control my life and everything that happens in it?"

"No. It was a peace offering." Christian shrugs his shoulders.

He leans on the counter using my arms for support

"So your idea of a 'peace' offering is to cause more drama in my life?"