60

Dk what's happening but I'm getting a lot of readers in a little time omg I'm shook cause??? Lmaoo lets hope it keeps happening

AUGUST
"You didn't have to punch him." Lily sighs as she dabs my knuckles with a alcohol pad. "He's your doctor and that's assault."

"He was going to hit me." I defend myself as I squeeze my hands together to relive pressure.

"No he wasn't. He's professional—"

"I messed with his girlfriend." I explain. "and I know how I'd feel if someone messed with you—even though you're not my girlfriend— I know he was going to hit me."

"Well you shouldn't be messing with people's girlfriends." She puts the napkin down and pushes it towards me.

"Well...."

She's right. I shouldn't have told him what I've done, but at the time I was too blinded by anger to think rationally. I didn't think of how Catalina would react, but part of me thought she'd at least react. She hasn't been in my room to yell at me for doing it or anything. I catch her looking at me through the window, but instead of looking at me like I'm a piece of art confined in a glass box like she used to, she glares at me and walks away.

I knew that she was done with me when she didn't stay to hear what I had to say about her letter. I didn't want her to be done with me and hate me though. I'm selfish for trying to get in the way of her happiness because it upset me, but she's selfish for not trying to understand how sorry I am for hurting her. So yes, I did have a fight with her boyfriend, but that's only because she hates me and I have nothing to lose.

"You have to apologize." Lily looks at me with a frown, and that almost makes me think he's right.

"What?" I scoff. "It's not like I beat him up. He hit me too!"

"but you did it first."

"So? I have injuries....if I didn't hit him first he would've had an advantage."

She shakes her head with a slight chuckle. At least she's sweet. Catalina is probably somewhere screaming at Ashton and making him wrap up his own hand. Funny enough though, I still wish it was me. Despite how gently Liliana is cleaning my cuts, if I had to choose, I'd choose to do it myself while Catalina yelled at me for being childish. I have to get over her like she's gotten over me. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I see the shadow of someone standing at the door. Lily turns around and tilts her head to the side at the unfamiliar body. All I have to see is the snake skin shoes to know who the monster standing at the door of my room is.

None other than the notorious Emilio De'Larosa.

I don't know why I never expected to see him. His child that he made run away works here, and so does the granddaughter that he hates because she reminds him of his favorite daughter. He'll never say it out loud, but I know that Katrina was his favorite. That's why the fact that he's standing at my door concerns me.

I move Lily to the side, trying to stand in front of her so he doesn't get a good look at her face.

"That's good...thank you." I look at my hand, shooing her away as subtly as possible.

He's cold and ruthless. I don't doubt that he's the reason behind me being here right now. He doesn't need to think that she's anything more than my doctor or something.

"Don't be silly... you still have—"

"I'll fix it." I pull my hand back from her, speaking harshly because that's the only way she'll get mad and leave.