36.

My eyes open slowly, even with them closed I can see the bright white light. I inhale deeply and there's a sharp pain in the middle of my chest.

"Ouch." I hiss.

I aim to sit up, but it's more of a struggle than I assumed. I can only use one arm for support because the other one is forced against my torso in a heavy cast.

When I'm leaning against the back of the bed, I huff. Memories of yesterday start flooding through my mind. The last thing I remember is crashing into a tree.

I don't even remember how it happened or why.

The door to my room opens and I slowly look up. I don't have the energy to react when I see Ashton walk through. He looks at me and smiles slightly.

Ugh great. I forgot he works here.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me, his voice sounds deeper than it is whenever we talk on the phone. Maybe this is his professional voice.

"Bad." I sigh. "Are you my doctor?"

I hope not. Me getting into any kind of accident is embarrassing enough, but the fact that I drove my car right into a tree makes me want to disappear under the covers. It'd be even worse if he's able to tell that the accident wasn't completely an accident.

"As much as I would love to be the one taking care of you, no. I'm just here to ask some questions and tell you what's going on."

"Why?" I ask.

"because I'm a medical resident. It's what I have to do."

"Questions about what?"

before he speaks, I interrupt him again. "Why does it hurt so bad right here?" I groan.

It feels like someone is stomping on my pelvis repeatedly. Like severe period cramps, but ten times worse. 

"That's one of the main areas of concern. It shows that your pelvis floor is slightly injured, causing mild uterine prolapse-"

"Does that mean I won't be able to have kids?" I gasp.

"No. You will definitely be able to have a child, there are just moderate concerns. However, with time that bone should heal, and you should be fine."

"Okay." I nod.

"This may cause a heavier blood flow during your menstrual cycle, and it is not a mandate, but it is highly suggested that you don't have sex for at least a month."

"My favorite thing to do." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry." He laughs. "I'd get fired if I didn't tell you."

"Okay." Ashton speaks up again, stopping the conversation from getting off track before it even swerves. "I'm going to point out some places that should be causing the most pain, and you'll tell me if that's correct of not."

I nod my head.

"Here?" He points at both sides off my rib cage, hovering his fingers over the areas to prevent from touching it and adding pain.

"Yes."

"Okay." He mumbles, writing something down on his clipboard. "and here?" His finger gravitates towards my pelvis, he points towards a spot in the middle and I nod.

"Can you put my hair in a ponytail?" I ask.

"What?" Ashton chuckles.

"Please. My arms." I gesture towards the cast clinging to my chest on one and the other is just flat out painful. "Please. It's making me hot."