Him.

*Maddie's POV*

I was greatly anxious about today.
I panicked
and
panicked
until I felt sick.
I already hated school. It pained me to go.
Considering I don't have any antidepressants anymore, I spent longer freaking out than I did getting ready. I felt incomplete not taking them this morning. It feels odd to change my routine even slightly even if all it was, was putting a pill in my mouth.
I glared over beside me at my bright red LED clock whilst trembling with disbelief.
-7:45-
I already knew I was going to be late for class. I knew it would be embarrassing. I knew that I'd panic even more having to emerge through the door, interrupting my lesson, causing the entire class to stare at me. That's not what I needed, at all.

I decided to save my soul and crawl back in bed like I was worthless and I wrapped myself up in my thick winter duvet, like a burrito. It wasn't worth going to school today even though I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I had spent ages choosing an outfit in my head. I wanted to wear my mums favourite dress to school. She always looked better in it than I ever could. People judge me for it but I usually wear her clothes because I like to keep her close to me. Her edgy style made her feel unique as it does with me.

"Maddie it's time to go!"

Great. I rolled my eyes. My stepmum starting yelling, screeching the house down with her whiny voice. She's never going to stop. Help me.

I straight up ignored her.

"MADDIE!"

She barged into my room like the FBI, slamming my door into my turquoise wall, denting it and making tiny flakes of plaster fall off my wall and float to the floor.

'Well done...' I thought. She never thinks about her actions.

"Get your ass out of bed and get going, you're going to be late! You're usually so organised so what's your problem today?"

"Do you really have no sympathy?" I muttered under my breath. I hated her

"What was that?" She looked angry. Her forehead was glowing red and you could see her heart racing with rage though her t-shirt. She has quite bad anger issues when it comes to socialising with me. Personally, I didn't see her problem.

I lifelessly stood up, and left my room.
She wasn't worth it.
Maybe even school is less stressful than she is. Staying home all day with her is torture.

My mum would've never treated me like this.

-13:30-
I couldn't even eat my lunch. I bought a cheeseburger and chips from the canteen and I was so unbelievably stressed out I couldn't encourage myself to devour it like I usually would. In all honesty I was surprised I didn't get my lunch thrown all over me by the infamous bully of my school, Amelia. Usually by now something had gone wrong. Each day at school was a new juicy episode of 'let's make Maddie miserable'.

English literature was so boring. My teacher had absolutely no clue what he was doing and hardly any students paid attention to what he was saying. I wanted to learn in my subjects, but how could I ever possible learn when everyone else spends the lesson talking.
Just as I was dozing off, allowing my pen to leak all over my book, there was a painfully loud crash which came from the hallway which nearly caused me to fly out of my chair. It made me jump.

"DOMINIC HARRISON. MY OFFICE, NOW!"

That was the principal. He was shouting at the hottest, most popular guy who attends this school. His names Dominic and every-single-girl (and even some guys) drool over him like he's a slice of red velvet cake with butter icing. I like red velvet cake, a lot.

I've crushed on him since he joined the school a couple years back. It's honestly such a pity that he probably doesn't even know I exist because I'm such a 'nobody'. I wish I had friends. It's so lonely here all on my own.

Yes. That's right. I have no friends here. I'm a loner and I spend everyday terrified that something will go wrong or humiliate me. Life as Maddie is awful. Trust me.

I do have Mia but she's an internet friend and I rarely get the chance to see her. I wish Mia went to my school but instead she gets home schooled. Everyone tells me internet friends aren't real but she's the only 'friend' I have other than my science partner, Brad. Brad is a top end student with A* grades who spends every spare moment at school in the library studying alone so I can't hang out with him either. He loves his education. I glared back out into the hallway as I saw the principal directing Dom to his office.

Dominic is gorgeous but who am I kidding, he doesn't even know my name.