The Unmasked Truth

My heart stopped abruptly. I wasn't ready to be faced by him. My unsettled body was still in sheer panic after reading his diary.

"Oh...hey Dom," I croaked. I tried my best to act natural but my acting skills were way too obvious.

"Is everything okay?" He started to walk towards me. I backed away. Dom began walking up my stairs. I was home alone. How did he get in? Did he break in?

"How did you get in here?" I must've sounded so nervous because the look on his face didn't tell me otherwise.

"You showed me where your spare key was. I wanted to surprise you and see what you thought about my album?" He smiled gently.

He looked so innocent. How could he be a killer? I wasn't going to take my chances though. "If i'm completely honest i didn't listen to it yet. I was reading your diary..."

He clenched his teeth together, making his jaw widen. He looked almost uncertain and i couldn't read his emotion. That's not a good sign. He stepped towards me which made me freeze. All of a sudden, my adrenaline kicked in and i quickly ran back up my stairs. I wanted to get away from him. I was scared. I scuffled up the last step and headed for my door just to be grabbed from behind.

I screamed.

"Woah, Maddie!" Dom shrieked as he threw himself backwards onto my bed with me tightly in his arms. I began to cry. I was in love with a murderer and he was holding me.

"Babygirl, tell me what's wrong?" He sounded heartbroken but all i could do was quiver in his arms. Dom glanced at the diary which lay open on the floor. It was open on the page i had just read. The confession about killing Jasmine...

"Maddie...i didn't hurt Jasmine." He picked up the diary, closed it gently and placed it on top of my dresser. "Is this why you're acting like this?" A look of hurt appeared on his face.

"But you said you killed-" I croaked through tears.

"I said it was my fault, Maddie, i didn't say i killed her." He sat down beside me and rubbed my back to help calm me down. I felt so stupid.

"I'm so sorry..." Tears kept streaming from my eyes, gathering on the edge of my jawline. "I should've read the rest of it before i judged you. I just got scared, i guess."

He flashed me a smile and sat cross-legged opposite me. "Maddie, i'd never hurt you. You're beautiful, kind, caring, outgoing and you are the girl i see supporting me on tour, standing front row with Mia, dancing about."

He was completely right. Mia and i would be dancing front row, screaming every single word. I smiled and released a little giggle of which i started to choke on. "Dom, who am i kidding? Even if you were a murderer, i'd still be head over heels for you."

He smiled at me and then glanced over at the album he gave me earlier on. "Can i sing you some of my new songs then? There's one inspired by you and i think you should hear it..."