Lloyd's Diary Entry 2

Dear Diary,

I cannot live with myself. I simply cannot cope with what I did. I'm a monster and a disgrace to myself and my entire family. The guilt is sitting not only on my chest, but in my brain. It cannot be un-done. It could be 100 degrees outside and i'd still be frozen on the inside. My guts feel heavy and my stomach keeps churning. When guilt arises I usually refuse to walk the path however, this time it's different. This time i've messed up. I hate myself for it and I'll never forgive myself. The guilt was eating me, pestering me. It was swelling up inside me. Fire burns in my mind causing my head to be in agony. I'm driving myself insane running around my room in circles, writing this, having breakdowns and repeat. What do I say to my parents? Will they disown me? Will they support me? Is my life over? My phone just vibrated. Addison had text me. Addison is Jasmine's best friend.

'You're an idiot, Lloyd!'

My first hate message. I'm sure there are way more to come. I can't get it round my head that Jasmine is dead. Lifeless. Gone. All because of me! I keep uncontrollably crying and having meltdowns. Is that normal? I've never lost anyone before. I hated her. She treated me so badly. Part of me is glad she's gone.  Part of me is scared. Part of me is upset. But part of me feels relieved. 

No more threats.

No more arguments.

No more abuse.

No more being controlled.

No more Jasmine.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I was weirdly happy I knew I didn't ever have to see her again but how do I live with this knowing it's...all...my...fault.