The Reveal

I had a bad gut feeling about what he was going to tell me. I always trust my gut.

"You see you had 2 personalities, 2 different lives almost?" He looked me dead in the eye.

I nodded. Where was he going with this?

"I didn't hate you for doing it because I'm doing it too..."

Wait what? I was so confused. I raised my left eyebrow at him. He was Dominic Harrison but he was also Yungblud when he sang. Is that what he meant? His stage name?

"What do you mean?" I asked. I didn't want to know but at the same time I was aching to find out the truth. I knew something was fishy from his end.

"You're going to need to promise me you won't hate me, Maddie. You're beautiful and I've never met anyone like you. I can't lose you. You mean a lot to me"

I couldn't promise. I couldn't.

"I can't promise you...I'm sorry but I won't judge you. I don't judge anyone." I gulped.

"That's good enough for me." He began. He took a deep breath and exhaled deeply.

My forehead grew sweatier and sweatier. "What is it then?" I was itching to find out. My heart was about to implode!

"It all started two years ago. I was in London. My ex girlfriend and I were happy. More than happy i'd say."

Ok great just spill the tea about how happy you were with another girl....

"I loved her so much that I had to end everything."

"Everything?" I questioned. What was going on?

"My name is actually Lloyd. I'm 21 and I'm wanted by the police in the UK."

The police!? What did he do? He could tell I was intensely staring at him.

"Her parents framed me for murdering her. She killed herself..." His voice showed the pain he had was aching. I didn't know what to say. I felt bad for him. But what if he did murder her? I promised I wouldn't judge him but that's exactly what I'm doing.

"That's awful! How did you get away from them?"

He shrugged. "I got lucky I guess. I live alone as well. I stole a lot of money to get here..."

I was shocked. He killed his ex girlfriend. Well... 'killed' her. What was I going to do? Stay? Leave?? I was terrified.

"Maddie please don't be scared of me. I can see it in your eyes! I'm not here to hurt you I promise. I didn't hurt her. She killed herself." His voice cracked. He traced his fingers across my hand and smiled at me.

"You're so beautiful," he said. His soft touch and raspy voice made me forget about every single thing he just said. He cupped my face in his hands. Our lips touched. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and it churned whilst our lips intertwined. He really was a good kisser. Whilst I was truly falling for him, I was thinking about how I was potentially in love with a murderer...